Warranty / service... reinstall factory intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasPM

Reaction score
On Monday I'm taking my truck in for an oil change and a a couple warranty items. I'm losing a little bit of coolant, about 2 or 3 cups in the last week and a lifter tick (not the normal valvetrain noise) I'm taking it to Maxwell Ford. The only mod done to the engine is an intake, Afe stage 2. Has anybody had warranty denied due to an intake? Should I swap it back this weekend? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is difficult to answer because it's generally at the dealers discretion to honor the warranty. You must not know the dealership very well or have a good relationship with the service department or you wouldn't be asking this question. If I was you and had those engine related problems, I'd put it back to stock just to be on the safe side. Some may tell you to just leave it on because the intake didn't cause those problems and that the dealer has to prove that it did, but if the service department makes a comment about the intake, do you really want to get into that? You may potentially be looking at expensive repairs, so I wouldn't risk it.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the possibility to avoid any of those types discussions, especially with an unknown/untested service department, I would personally go out of my way to return it to stock.

OP
OP
TexasPM

TexasPM

Reaction score
Thanks, I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

It's like they say, "Advice is what we ask when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't."

OP
OP
TexasPM

TexasPM

Reaction score
FYI... talked with Service advisor and was told CAI, cat back, and tuner are fine. However, truck needs to be detuned upon arrival because they will flash it anytime it rolls into the service dept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk