warranty expiring and still 4wd problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont know what lemon law states about this, but if the problem was never fixed under warranty, why should i be expected to pay for it after warranty expires?

Not sure about lemon law in Colo, but I had to talk to a lemon lawyer in Cali about a dodge magnum. IIRC, it had to be less than 3 years old with less than 18k miles, the 7 attempts at fixing should qualify though.

Sorry to hear you can't get it sorted, I remember how frustrated I was so I can relate.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about lemon law in Colo, but I had to talk to a lemon lawyer in Cali about a dodge magnum. IIRC, it had to be less than 3 years old with less than 18k miles, the 7 attempts at fixing should qualify though.

Sorry to hear you can't get it sorted, I remember how frustrated I was so I can relate.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/si...n Law for Consumers and Dealers DR 2440_0.pdf

It looks like you might have to check the lemon law for the state you lived in when you purchased the truck new.

Best to contact a Lemon Law Attorney to ask these questions to be sure.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have other problems as well. so it may be time for me to move on. truck was fun but im not about to throw money at a persisting problem and never solve it
Lemon law!

Also, ford repairs come with 2 year warranty. Do even if the truck warranty is up, the parts replaced should have a 2 year warranty. Not 100% sure if labor is covered?
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to open a case with Ford Customer service if you haven't already. I'm not sure exactly what they'll be able to do right now, but it might help you avoid dealership BS once the warranty is expired and it's not fixed.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may want to open a case with Ford Customer service if you haven't already. I'm not sure exactly what they'll be able to do right now, but it might help you avoid dealership BS once the warranty is expired and it's not fixed.
i talked to ford. they are the ones who offered to give me a discount on my next vehicle. i should have asked them if they can give me a subaru at a discount. they wont do anything for me once the warranty expires

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Faulty Torsen / IWE Junk !!!!

Yeah, dealer never fixed the popping/ banging noise while in 4x4 on mine either, so I just don't use 4x4 anymore . Warranty up this Feb ! :mad:

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the others wondering why you didn't lemon law it. Decent LL lawyer should have made easy work of a 4WD truck not able to engage 4WD.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didnt lemon it because there was never an issue of the dealerships not attempting to fix it. i always took it in and they always accepted it with no questions asked. i didnt want to lemon it because i thought it would be fixed under the warranty. i didnt want to abuse the lemon law. but now that its coming to the end of the warranty, i may have no choice but to try.

update though. they found the issue with water. everytime i hit a small puddle the wrench light would come on and a large reduction of power. turns out my pcm is bad. covered under warranty. starter problem requires dropping transmission. covered under warranty. still waiting on 4wd issue, but fremont ford in riverton wyoming has done more in the last 3 days than all the colorado dealerships i have been to combined. for those of you that know me, i will pass many close dealerships to get to the right one. riverton is about 7 hours from my house. earlier this year i drove to sacremento, 18 hour drive, but i dont care. they have been great so far. and to prove loyalty to a dealer who is taking care of me, i would make the drive to buy a vehicle from them..... if i ever buy another ford..... so the verdict is out on 4wd still, but i want to say thanks to @WyoStorm for helping me out with this one finding a dealer who isnt about crappy service