warranty expiring and still 4wd problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
called dealer today. they ordered a pcm, wire harness, starter, starter plate, and 4wd solenoid. apparently they found an open circuit in the 4wd solenoid motor. which has been the root cause of my 4wd issues. lets hope they are right. and to replace starter plate requires dropping the transmission. huh...... anyways, i asked questions regarding this solenoid and vacuum 4wd system. no hesitation to respond which tells me he has seen this before. good news to me i hope. they said to be safe they are ordering a wire harness as well as the pcm. even though they found the problem in the pcm, they want to be safe and replace the whole harness. they know im just about out of warranty and they seem to be doing everything they can to fix all my issues. so to fremont ford of riverton, i thank you for what you have done so far.
That's good news. keep you out of a yota and off the taco forum.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

D

Deleted member 12951

Hey Noah, if they can't get the 4WD fixed to your liking will you be selling the stereo system out of it?

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Noah, if they can't get the 4WD fixed to your liking will you be selling the stereo system out of it?

if the price is right. the stereo system is easily installed in another vehicle if i want to keep it. it also means i would have to buy all the equipment again

^ the vultures are starting to circle. Lol...
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE) | Run Raptor Run
( * Y * )

yeah, no shit huh? already had one guy ask me about my flir setup too

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No! Not the FLIR gear! noooooo

Hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction, since the FLIR is spoken for, haaha

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to come across so vulturish (I can't afford your used FLIR even if..)

Plus, it would be our loss as you're a legend around here.

I really hope this gets resolved properly.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. everytime i have tried to use it, it would always pop and disengage

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

@Trick_Raptor why is there only pics of my truck and not yours?

So my truck switches to 4x4 mode without issue. What do I need to do to ensure that the 4x4 mode correctly remains engaged without issues? I'm always on pavement so should I just drive a bit in the 4wd mode on paved road to confirm it's good?

Thanks

David