warranty expiring and still 4wd problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine would always start popping above 20 mph and also at lower speeds if there was a load on it.

status update. wrong parts got ordered. truck wont be done until probably tuesday or wednesday. so i embarked on the 24 hours of riverton........ drove to riverton to drop bike off. turned around and went homwle. picked up rental car and drove back to riverton. returned rental and rode bike home. each direction was about 6 hours. the biggest problem i have with this service is that the dealership did not have a loaner vehicle, nor did they have a contract with a rental car agency. as per esp plan, you get 10 days of rental coverage. since they did not have a loaner nor contract with rental company i was left to rent a vehicle myself and submit rental bill to ford esp for reimbursement. my problem here is that it cost me $600 for 13 days of rental. this was the cheapest piece of crap they had and no extras added on. ford only covers $30 a day. thats the reason i returned rental. not looking to spend $1200 on a rental car and only get reimbursed 60%. so lets hope repairs are done right otherwise it would really **** me off to pay for a rental and not have a working truck. and with snow right around the corner, i cant ride the bike for too much longer.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rental vehicle aside, sounds like the dealership is trying to do you right, hope things work out. I see wrong parts get shipped all the time in my business, I blame it on the mellenials!!

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would park it in a parking lot across from the biggest ford Dealer in Denver with a Huge Lemon sign with all the times you brought it in for repair on it. I saw that done once with a Winebago in Phoenix and it was very effective. The news channels covered it, get it out on social media too. Bad publicity goes a long way!

On the Lemon Law issue, I had a co worker friend turn a 2008 Dodge 3/4 ton with a Cummins back in under the LL after 7 attempts to repair the EGR system. Truck would go into limp mode sometimes right after getting it back from the dealer. I would think Colorado's Lemon Law is at least as good as Az.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or you could trade it in on one of the Raptors currently on the lot. One low mileage SCREW and one nice blue scab (not sure on mileage).

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so its been almost a month and i have been patiently waiting. the one downfall with this dealership is lack of communication. first few weeks they always told me thay would call with update, but i always called the day after they promised to get my update. im sure every dealer is like this so i dont hold it against them. they have done really good so far in terms of doing actual work. new pcm and wiring harness. im just really hoping the 4wd is fixed. some actuator needed replacing. apparently theres more than one 4wd actuator. i will be calling them today to see how its coming along. hopefully its some good news. its been a long time without my truck.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
so its been almost a month and i have been patiently waiting. the one downfall with this dealership is lack of communication. first few weeks they always told me thay would call with update, but i always called the day after they promised to get my update. im sure every dealer is like this so i dont hold it against them. they have done really good so far in terms of doing actual work. new pcm and wiring harness. im just really hoping the 4wd is fixed. some actuator needed replacing. apparently theres more than one 4wd actuator. i will be calling them today to see how its coming along. hopefully its some good news. its been a long time without my truck.

Is your service advisor named Calder? :specialed: