Warning Chime Speaker Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I have a 2017 800A and I did the 8” screen from the 801A retrofitted. Everything worked great until I did the sync 3.4 update. No the warning chime (seat belt, door adjar) only comes from the dash and not from the speakers like it’s supposed to. I tried resetting the APIM with forescan and it doesn’t change anything. When I reset the ACM the chime returns to the speakers until I get out and lock the vehicle. Then when I come back the sound is back in the dash. Does anyone have any ideas? It seems like once the ACM shuts off and sleeps it sets it back to the cluster speaker. It’s super annoying having that high pitched cluster speaker being my backup chime. Please help!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve got an 802A, and that same issue happened to me after a speaker swap. Good save.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That will do it. If there are DTCs in the ACM (such as your unplugged speaker), the chime defaults back to the IPC. The IPC is the chime arbitrator.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
it sounds like you have 1 or more spotty connections. I know you don’t want read this, but you need to go back on your connections and check. If you did any wire splicing, even for connectors, make sure they are crimped -properly-. Make sure the speakers themselves don’t have loose connections. Validate each one.

I was able to narrow it down with the balance / fade control; I heard weak volume from front right. Sure enough, that’s where the issue was.

Now, if you gutted the factory system, that may not apply. I have aftermarket amps now and a DSR1 for signal processing. Post install, was getting some ‘hollow’ sound, like something was missing. I’d turn it up and it would be fine, turn it down, there it would be again. This was left front this time. The speaker was fine, and the next change location was in the cab rear at the amp/DSR1. It turned out to be the DSR1 unit to amp connection at the DSR1 that was loose. Reseated and resolved.

Also, I’ve read on FRF low battery voltage could cause you to have the tinny, dash speaker chime.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i have a new amp, kicker sub, audio processor, wiring, speakers and tweeters changed lol, ill have a lot of connections to check!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup this drove me nuts too. If a speaker goes out, or a ****** connection the chime moves to the cluster.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Yes i have a new amp, kicker sub, audio processor, wiring, speakers and tweeters changed lol, ill have a lot of connections to check!
In my case, I mounted the DSR high and moving the seat up/down caused the DSR to shift just a little and the connector wasn’t quite seated properly. Boom.

Savage1X

Reaction score
Any ideas if this is happening with a stock system? I haven't changed my speaker systems or dash and mines doing this exact thing. Can't figure it out.