Want More Power And Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question which I think I know the answer, but I want to make sure. What else can I do to get more power and performance without supercharging or turbo? Currently have headers, full exhaust, CAI, and 5 star tune. Am I missing something? Application is I do 85% street, 15% off-road. Wish I had more time to off-road. Really just like putting cool stuff on my truck. Thanks for any info.

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You could try some cams. I think livernois motorsports makes a set. Maybe a BBK throttle body or a new intake manifold if anyone makes one for the raptor. Possibly get some work done to your heads. And if that's not enough you could run nitrous, but there's a thousand and one opinions on whether it's safe or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy the bbk throttle body and have 5 star send you the upgraded tune for the tb. I bought it off raptor addict great to work with helps you with whatever you need and then just call mike for the different tune. It made a difference on my truck I also wanted the most out of a n/a motor blowers are great if you bought a lightning but not for a raptor

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy the bbk throttle body and have 5 star send you the upgraded tune for the tb. I bought it off raptor addict great to work with helps you with whatever you need and then just call mike for the different tune. It made a difference on my truck I also wanted the most out of a n/a motor blowers are great if you bought a lightning but not for a raptor

That's your opinion, thousands of SC Raptors will tell you different.

Last edited:

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do You see a hole lot of off roaring. pot holes in queens doesn't count. face it dude you have a street queen, you live in a concrete jungle. Long Island isn't off road. I didn't say they didn't make great power but your Trans is a moment in time with out upgrades to it if it sees real off-road/race situations. I think S/c is great for some but you will break things a lot faster then a n/a motor will. I have owned built and raced many different things I may not be a expert but I'm not far away. there are a lot of problems associated with forced induction that do not lend itself we'll to off-roading but if it's your thing god bless you but off-road racing and super chargers are not the best of friends.

Last edited:

tec548

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a custom dyno tune for your truck if you have headers and intake... makes a world of difference.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do You see a hole lot of off roaring. pot holes in queens doesn't count. face it dude you have a street queen, you live in a concrete jungle. Long Island isn't off road. I didn't say they didn't make great power but your Trans is a moment in time with out upgrades to it if it sees real off-road/race situations. I think S/c is great for some but you will break things a lot faster then a n/a motor will. I have owned built and raced many different things I may not be a expert but I'm not far away. there are a lot of problems associated with forced induction that do not lend itself we'll to off-roading but if it's your thing god bless you but off-road racing and super chargers are not the best of friends.

This is an old discussion on this forum. I'm not getting into it again.
And I don't have a problem owning a street queen Raptor, I thank you for your complement!
You would have to talk to the many guys that do hard off-roading with SC Raptors.
Since your not an expert that's for sure, I'd keep an eye on member Biggest's truck, Ken Block and Tanner Foust.
These guys will push what can be accomplished in a SC Raptor.

Last edited:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ummmm, the OP's question was specifically about more power without SC.