GEN 2 Wall of Shame Greedy FORD Dealers. Call them out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you, but if you're right they lost a sale. The one I put a $4k over offer on in early March is still on their website. I ended up getting a much better deal so it worked out in my favor.

Mine was a perfect deal- 63k sticker. Had everything but the sun roof and rear heated seats. One of a kind find. Didn't want to pay all the money for one loaded to the gills like they all seem to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was a perfect deal- 63k sticker. Had everything but the sun roof and rear heated seats. One of a kind find. Didn't want to pay all the money for one loaded to the gills like they all seem to be.

Nice. For me I needed one with rear heated seats because the backseat passengers always complain when I open the moonroof when it's 30 degrees out. :ROFLJest:

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. For me I needed one with rear heated seats because the backseat passengers always complain when I open the moonroof when it's 30 degrees out. :ROFLJest:

I got a baby chair on each side- so no complaints from them haha

1DXmk2

Reaction score
Wrong. I purchased mine from there on 3/31 for 4K over.

5ddb3ce4deda5dd196b96ff8804f41a6.jpg

Congrats - I'm glad they finally decided to come off the price for you. I tried in mid-March and they were sticking to the 10k. Sounds like you got the truck and deal you were looking for.

Found mine about 20 miles away for +3k for the config I wanted and got a better offer on my trade than i expected.

They still have 35 Raptors showing on their website so maybe they are starting to get a bit worried about their stock level, especially with the 2018 order bank opening next month...and possibly a sign the market is starting to soften a bit overall...

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats - I'm glad they finally decided to come off the price for you. I tried in mid-March and they were sticking to the 10k. Sounds like you got the truck and deal you were looking for.

Found mine about 20 miles away for +3k for the config I wanted and got a better offer on my trade than i expected.

They still have 35 Raptors showing on their website so maybe they are starting to get a bit worried about their stock level, especially with the 2018 order bank opening next month...and possibly a sign the market is starting to soften a bit overall...

Agree with this. It was an opportunity for me, they gave me 43k for my 2015 Platinum so I thought it was a good deal for me.

I dont think I'll buy another Platinum, the depreciation is high on them compared to a Lariat.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with owner's son of SoCal dealer at social event on Saturday (won't mention dealer out of respect). He said he has purchased 6 trucks from other dealers for $8k over and sold them in his dealership.
I was told this same thing from a large Raptor dealer in Texas that they were paying 5K over to other dealers for there Raptors. Don't know if it's true or just a sales pitch

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There are some people in this world that you are wise to not believe.

1) Politicians.
2) cops
3) car salesmen
4) sasquatch77

Whenever you hear or read something from any of these people, ask yourself:

- how does it benefit them if I believe them?

Answer this question honestly to yourself and evaluate that answer objectively.

Sure, it’s possible that there are dealers paying a premium to other dealers to sell Raptors. It’s also possible that Ford will offer a carb’d, naturally aspirated v8 truck with no cats for sale to the public as a 2017.5 model. But unlikely.
Not impossible mind you, but unlikely.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some people in this world that you are wise to not believe.

1) Politicians.
2) cops
3) car salesmen
4) sasquatch77

Whenever you hear or read something from any of these people, ask yourself:

- how does it benefit them if I believe them?

Answer this question honestly to yourself and evaluate that answer objectively.

Sure, it’s possible that there are dealers paying a premium to other dealers to sell Raptors. It’s also possible that Ford will offer a carb’d, naturally aspirated v8 truck with no cats for sale to the public as a 2017.5 model. But unlikely.
Not impossible mind you, but unlikely.

LOL!! Your list is awesome, especially your numero cuatro :ROFLJest:.

VegasG17

Reaction score
Yesterday I received a call from my salesman at Team Ford, Las Vegas NV. He was excited to tell me they had an order reject they would let for 10K over. I chuckled and told him I would see him on 15 May.