Waiting for me when i get home to so cal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trollo2984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
currently deployed but should be waiting for me when i get home. i live in the SoCal area and cant wait. i do have a question though. i was looking on this sight a few months back before i was a member and saw a thread regarding the first upgrades that long time owners recommend for new owners. i can no longer find this thread when i search for it. any ideas if the thread is still here. if not, for you longer time owners, what things would you recommend? thanks.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for your service!

I would recommend the Perch Mod, black Reflector Kit (for orange reflector on side mirrors), Nationals or Deavers for the rear, Lights, Exhaust, Intake, 5Star Programmer, Wheels & Tires (if you wanna change fairly soon, do it immediately, many regular F150 guys will pay for Raptor wheels and tires for their truck), the list goes on.

Of course none of these are required. If your going to run your truck offroad much many would suggest RPG's Stage 3 kit. Again definitely not required but is a nice upgrade.

You can search for any of the above mods and they should turn up many results.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Welcome, if you're out in Afghanistan drop me a line if you want and if we're in the same area I'll buy you a coffee or something.

As for mods, I HIGHLY recommend doing the perch mod, I have mine on the middle perch and it's how the truck should have come stock. Also you can remove your sway-bar which is a great mod, and the price is right (free).

After that, I'd just asses your wants and needs, the CAI/Exhaust/5-star Tune combo is pretty popular. So is RPG's Stage 3 bumpstop/leaf spring kit.