VisionX light cannon Vs Rigid Industries Hyperspot Vs Baja Designs Racer edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6inaRow

Reaction score
Ya, I know with BD you can send the light in for led upgrades and I'm assuming laser chip replacement. Vision x silicones their lights vs O ring so I'm not sure what you can do about it if a laser burns out. The vision x lasers are definitely cheaper than BD so that might bring BD's price down. Competition is definitely a good thing as far as innovation and price goes!

I found your review on the ramforum. Great write up! And well worth the read. Thanks for that! I'm definitely looking forward to your review of the ADV lights if you get them! Being that the Onx+ bar has mainly 20w chips vs 10, that doesnt surprise me that it's better than the XPR bar. I definitely like the U service of BD. Do the chrome reflectors look to be about the same quality for BD and vision x? I saw after the bit of condensation that your XPR had a bit of it peel up. That's great that Vision X gave you a brand new bar! That is stand up customer service and would make me want to purchase other lights from them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, other than size/ shape, the VX reflectors look just like BD and Rigid. Wonderful mirror finish. The material used for the reflectors I am not sure about. But, the reflector surface itself look to be very similar when side by side.

Honestly, with my XPR, I would have never noticed unless I got down and inspected every inch of the light. Which I did. But, I got a brand new light in return which I loved. I have no doubt I probably would have gotten the same customer service with BD. Time will tell if any issues will develop over time with my ONX+. I feel confident that I should be fine for years and years.

You know what is appealing with BD? I have heard from other forum posts about upgrades. People can send their lights in to get upgraded latest greatest LED/ laser tech. I have not heard of any company offering this. BD does charge for an upgrade but how cool is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6inaRow

Reaction score
Does the BD Black friday deal sway your decision at all? 10% off using BDForums coupon (or vendors that already offer that price) and then $75 rebate, off of LP6 pairs. I'm curious to see what deals will be offered on the vision x ADV series. I'm thinking of picking up a pair of LP6's but not sure yet. The ADV series has me really intrigued like you.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the BD Black friday deal sway your decision at all? 10% off using BDForums coupon (or vendors that already offer that price) and then $75 rebate, off of LP6 pairs. I'm curious to see what deals will be offered on the vision x ADV series. I'm thinking of picking up a pair of LP6's but not sure yet. The ADV series has me really intrigued like you.
I’ll try and get a few night shots of my 6” ADV lights this weekend.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll try and get a few night shots of my 6” ADV lights this weekend.

Please. I would love to see it. I would be a tremendous help to me.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does. Haha. Still waiting to see the promotions. The BDforums coupon doesn’t really sway me because most vendors on here advertise at the BD 10% off on their site anyway. But, if I can get a good deal on the LP4 then I would absolutely pick up a pair.

Tough call to make. I am leaning towards the ADV pending Black Friday promotions. If BD promotes the same deal as last year then I might be the proud owner of one of their LP series lights.

6inaRow

Reaction score
It does. Haha. Still waiting to see the promotions. The BDforums coupon doesn’t really sway me because most vendors on here advertise at the BD 10% off on their site anyway. But, if I can get a good deal on the LP4 then I would absolutely pick up a pair.

Tough call to make. I am leaning towards the ADV pending Black Friday promotions. If BD promotes the same deal as last year then I might be the proud owner of one of their LP series lights.

It's a bit different than last year. LP6's are on the deal this year, but not the LP4's. Someone posted this link on the BD general discussion thread.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/home/blackfriday.asp

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that stumble across this, if you had to pick one of these pairs, which one, and why. The why is important to me because your opinion is needed.

The VisionX 6’7” ADV:
198d8b31753be48c8085ec410a335227.jpg

Baja designs XL Pro: (which will actually be significantly cheaper than the ADV due to both vendor/ BD Black Friday promotions. HIGHLY appealing).
b98d0b5b8cc2208c293e54942e1c1519.jpg

I truly feel the ADV would put out more light not only mid field, but also distance. The back light is also highly appealing to me. I wish the BD XL had an amber back light.

Having said that, the ADV is one dimensional. Sure, a great home is on my bumper which I love. But what about the future? The BD XL can be mounted in a variety of different places. The “Uservice” is cool. But I also like VX snap on covers equally as much.

The BD XL might be eligible for upgrades, at a cost of course, down the road as BD’s tech grows and evolves. I love that possibly.

So, if you had to pick one of those, which one. Thanks for considering. Going to be an epic decision post at the end with what ends up coming in the mail!!!