VisionX light cannon Vs Rigid Industries Hyperspot Vs Baja Designs Racer edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to close this out. I wanted a distance thrower. I never thought that would have changed to a distance thrower plus a back light hahaha.
Even after the BD Black Friday promotion, the LP series was just priced out of my reach. Maybe some other time. I elected to buy the VisionX ADV light cannons. Which came in a bit cheaper.
415234e1dad631b79f1bb1c3f40a98e8.jpg
a8f26acbbf6f4135869ef0314179bdf1.jpg
1723a594285cbf864492c67b0b57dc05.jpg
a4ed854202b9c70d65932ace539d49eb.jpg

Thanks for everyone input! Happy holidays :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry man due to some crap weather, family obligations and a changed work plan I wasn’t able to get any photos that we discussed before Thanksgiving.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man due to some crap weather, family obligations and a changed work plan I wasn’t able to get any photos that we discussed before Thanksgiving.

All good! No problem :)

6inaRow

Reaction score

Are you still planning on taking photos? No worries if not.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How’s about an update. So, the 6’7” VX ADV light cannons have been holding up great. Still look and perform as if I just pulled them out of the box. Truly a great high quality light.

I have been using my lights often the last few months on back roads. Sometimes for multiple hours at a time. It’s been great! I really enjoy it.

One thing I have noticed is the importance of the lights “color temperature.” My Baja Design lights are more of a warmer/ white light. My VisionX lights are more of a straight white light. Not really warm at all and this is similar to that of Rigid Industries.

Initially I wanted more of a white light and not so much warm. However, I have found my Baja Designs 20” light bar to be my go to light. Which is the same price range as the VX 6’7” light cannons.

You have to turn off the light for oncoming traffic. In doing so, I noticed my eyes adjust quicker to my headlights when running Baja Designs than VisionX. Also, when turning on Baja Designs, my eyes adjust quicker. Turning on a light that is 6000K + in color temp, when it is darker than Satan’ *******, at night is similar to switching on the bathroom light when you wake up at 2am to ****. It’s not as dramatic but the wincing of the eyes is definitely present. Once the eyes adjust, then you are good. But over and over? Yeah, the BD light gets used more often.

The constant/ occasional on/ off with the Baja Designs as so much more easier to deal with on longer trips. It makes me wonder if I should have dropped the extra $$$$$$ and went Baja Designs LP9. I will hold out a bit longer and see where my nose takes me.

I definitely don’t regret the ADV over the Rigid Hyperspot or BD XL80. I am just wondering if I should have sold my kidney the first time around for a set of LP9’s versus taking the hit to upgrade.

VisionX has some great products. Truly awesome lights. I just can’t help but wonder about the LP9’s for the above reason. Maybe in the next year or two.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How’s about an update. So, the 6’7” VX ADV light cannons have been holding up great. Still look and perform as if I just pulled them out of the box. Truly a great high quality light.

I have been using my lights often the last few months on back roads. Sometimes for multiple hours at a time. It’s been great! I really enjoy it.

One thing I have noticed is the importance of the lights “color temperature.” My Baja Design lights are more of a warmer/ white light. My VisionX lights are more of a straight white light. Not really warm at all and this is similar to that of Rigid Industries.

Initially I wanted more of a white light and not so much warm. However, I have found my Baja Designs 20” light bar to be my go to light. Which is the same price range as the VX 6’7” light cannons.

You have to turn off the light for oncoming traffic. In doing so, I noticed my eyes adjust quicker to my headlights when running Baja Designs than VisionX. Also, when turning on Baja Designs, my eyes adjust quicker. Turning on a light that is 6000K + in color temp, when it is darker than Satan’ *******, at night is similar to switching on the bathroom light when you wake up at 2am to ****. It’s not as dramatic but the wincing of the eyes is definitely present. Once the eyes adjust, then you are good. But over and over? Yeah, the BD light gets used more often.

The constant/ occasional on/ off with the Baja Designs as so much more easier to deal with on longer trips. It makes me wonder if I should have dropped the extra $$$$$$ and went Baja Designs LP9. I will hold out a bit longer and see where my nose takes me.

I definitely don’t regret the ADV over the Rigid Hyperspot or BD XL80. I am just wondering if I should have sold my kidney the first time around for a set of LP9’s versus taking the hit to upgrade.

VisionX has some great products. Truly awesome lights. I just can’t help but wonder about the LP9’s for the above reason. Maybe in the next year or two.

I noticed the same between my VX and Baja S8. I plan to sell the VX lights and get more Baja lights.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the same between my VX and Baja S8. I plan to sell the VX lights and get more Baja lights.

Nothing like good ol’ expensive trial and error lol. I wish there was more content from amateurs and vendors on the internet.

I have nothing but great things to say about VisionX. But, don’t be surprised if I treat myself to some LP9’s this coming up Christmas. I sold 4 older gen 1 VX cannons on this forum awhile back. I upgraded to the gen2 cannons, which, I would never sell. Someone might get a deal on some VX ADV lights at the end of the year. We shall see. I haven’t made up my mind, but, it is a strong possibility :)

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I decided to keep these lights lol. I will not be planning any switch/ upgrade like I was originally pondering for Christmas. They are treating me well and have held up great. :)

Recent photos I took within the last day or two:
e412631431e3e1eceaffebb705cb89b4.jpg
(No street lights and headlights off. Neighborhood under construction).

Housing has held up great too. Outside in the desert sun/ wind 24/7.
cb0ffd06b980d12bc47584d286e39b24.jpg
9242367e13ffd052e23ff36f3c43fa9d.jpg

What do you guys think? My 20” BD ONX+ is still my go to. But, the output of the VX ADV is a close second. Output is good and I love the back lighting.

I would love to see BD carry over the amber backlighting onto the ONX+ like that found on the S8. I don’t won’t to be too greedy, but, an amber backlight on the squadron/ XL series would be fantastic too. :)

I’m looking at making a hefty lighting upgrade in the next 2-3 years. Already have $2.5k invested. Most everything will be sold/ upgraded. Amber backlighting would be a sought after feature.

I am rambling, Discuss. :D

Last edited: