VisionX light cannon Vs Rigid Industries Hyperspot Vs Baja Designs Racer edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WooPig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had Rigid lights on my Jeep and loved them. Bought the BD’s for the Rap and love them. Biggest thing I like on the BD is being able to change the lenses out. I didn’t think I’d care about that but after having them for a few months I actually switched one set out for amber lenses. Realky the only thing BD has over Rigid imo. No exp with LC tho

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lens options were a major part of my decision when I went with the Vision X. Don’t get me wrong I love my BD lights I use for fog lights. I have the snap on amber covers for those also. But the color options and ease of changing them without having to disassemble my lights on the trail or the side of the road. Clear for most conditions but I’ll have a set of blue lenses for snowy conditions also. I have a friend looking at the LP9’s so I’m hoping we can get a night comparison of the two brands.

Also, Vision X lights appeared to be whiter than the S8 bar when shot at a garage wall from 10ft.

edit 2 min after posted: I had previous experience with the first generation of vision x cannons or I’d probably still be on the fence about which to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had previous experience with the first generation of vision x cannons or I’d probably still be on the fence about which to get.

2abee6413b84645dffec6595eb81c0ae.jpg

The old cannons were not bad at all. This is my old set up before I upgraded to the CG2 cannons and ONX+ from VisionX XPR.

Would love to see your night comparison with your friends LP9’s.

I have a tough choice ahead of me. So many great options out there.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
f79f89e68299757e4216b1ee0a85da2f.jpg

That’s 5 of the 6.7 inch CG2.

Since you are familiar with VisionX, have you seen their ADV series? Came out last year. I always kinda had my eye on them. And since you inspired me to look into the 6.7” light cannons.....

I am considering the 6.7” ADV lights. Per VisionX, just one light throws 1lux 1870 feet. I think two would be awesome.
7f8bf1fc12931f318af347f98c8c8b20.jpg

Btw, through process of elimination, I have taken the Rigid Hyperspot off my list. However, I am still interested in hearing anyone’s impression. I have seen the light in person. I like it. I just don’t think the external design is what I am looking for.

So, Baja Design XL Racer Edition or VisionX light cannon or ADV series.

If anyone wants info on what the heck the VisionX ADV lights are. This guy did a great video.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look closely I have one set of Multi LED, one set of the ADV, and the center light is the only single LED 6.7 inch light cannon. All the lights at once give a very good spread of light with the ADV and spot cannons together give a great distance spot down the trail/road.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look closely I have one set of Multi LED, one set of the ADV, and the center light is the only single LED 6.7 inch light cannon. All the lights at once give a very good spread of light with the ADV and spot cannons together give a great distance spot down the trail/road.

Oh man! I didn’t look close enough. I thought you had 4 CG2 multi LED and 1 single CG2 LED. I can see the ADV now that you mention. Awesome.

Do you recommend the ADV? They seem like a real power house. I am heavily leaning that route despite not mentioning them in my initial post. My how things change.

Last edited:

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I only had room for two lights, now that I’ve seen the light output I would go with the ADV light force or look at the BD LP6 or LP9. One of the reasons I went with Vision X was I had previous experience with the first generation 8.7 inch light cannons. Another reason is local dealer support, there are no BD dealers in Alaska to even look at the lights on a display.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I went with VisionX due to this forum. When I first started poking my head in here a few years back, a majority of people where talking about VisionX. There where group buys and it seemed like everyone had a set.

Nooow, and for a while, It’s been really nothing but Baja Designs.

I like BD’s color temp. But VX is a whiter color. And, i think that kinda appeals to me right now.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ that looks incredible. Wow.