VisionX light cannon Vs Rigid Industries Hyperspot Vs Baja Designs Racer edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
K I lied... we had a break in the rain. I took some shots. When I get back home i'll upload them. Surprising results actually... Racers did throw light further down range it seemed but the XL80 just dominated them as far as how much light was out there... the XL80 light up a LOT in the foreground whereas the Racers really make it far down, even with the difference in lumen

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K I lied... we had a break in the rain. I took some shots. When I get back home i'll upload them. Surprising results actually... Racers did throw light further down range it seemed but the XL80 just dominated them as far as how much light was out there... the XL80 light up a LOT in the foreground whereas the Racers really make it far down, even with the difference in lumen
Interesting. I am looking for a great spot. So I can’t wait to see the photos. I saw this on BD’s website for the XL80 combo:
358721c6294579931da8c6fd7fb27c6a.jpg
Do they have a diagram for the XL racer that you know of? Also do you offer a payment option through “Affirm” or something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
K so here ya go...

First, no Isolux on the Racers till next year. Bajas has it on their list to do
Second, here is one sample of the XL Racers vs. XL80s

No lights
upload_2019-10-10_21-39-41.png

XL80 w/Spots
upload_2019-10-10_21-39-51.png

XL Racer

upload_2019-10-10_21-40-6.png

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And here is another shot, this time going down the residential street

No lights
upload_2019-10-10_21-40-32.png

XL80 w/Spots
upload_2019-10-10_21-40-44.png

XL Racers
upload_2019-10-10_21-40-54.png

So you can see the XL80 have more light but the XL Racer DO go further, with a more defined beam.

For my money I think XL80s w/Spots wins... because I don't see myself ever on a trail with a long straight away nor going that fast on a long straight away.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those photos have given me a lot to think about. Man, this is not easy. For some of you the choice is effortless. But, I appreciate all major LED lighting Designs. Which is why I have owned various lights from the industry leaders.

Decisions. decisions.

Last edited:

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And here is another shot, this time going down the residential street

No lights
View attachment 130533

XL80 w/Spots
View attachment 130534

XL Racers
View attachment 130535

So you can see the XL80 have more light but the XL Racer DO go further, with a more defined beam.

For my money I think XL80s w/Spots wins... because I don't see myself ever on a trail with a long straight away nor going that fast on a long straight away.

You've said somewhere that you prefer the Squadron Pro spots when mounted on A pillar to even the XL80. I'm thinking of swapping my Squadron Pro spot with an SAE and moving the spot to the A-pillar. Your pics/videos are incredibly helpful so do you happen to have any comparing the XL80 spot to the Squadron Pro spot, both mounted on the A pillar?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven’t decided. Waiting to see what happens with SEMA 2019 next week. I am sure some cool/ upgraded tech will be debuted.

Curious about post #36. Would be interested in seeing photos.

Last edited:

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven’t decided. Waiting to see what happens with SEMA 2019 next week. I am sure some cool/ upgraded tech will be debuted.

Curious about post #36. Would be interested in seeing photos.

I’m hoping the S1 flush mount will be available from BD lights.

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping the S1 flush mount will be available from BD lights.

That would be great! Those lights look very cool. I just might pick up a pair. I wonder if they have an option for amber lenses.... I will have to go back on BD’s site and see.

Edit: amber available in wide cornering. Would make a great reverse light. Might be too bright. I wonder how it would compare to the S2 Sport in amber/ wide cornering....

Last edited:

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be great! Those lights look very cool. I just might pick up a pair. I wonder if they have an option for amber lenses.... I will have to go back on BD’s site and see.

Edit: amber available in wide cornering. Would make a great reverse light. Might be too bright. I wonder how it would compare to the S2 Sport in amber/ wide cornering....

Currently on the back end I have two S2 sport with wide cornering, not flush mounted. I plan to remove those and install a set of S1 flush mount with work/scene flood into the bumper. I already have three S2 Pro mounted in my GJ third brake light.