VisionX light cannon Vs Rigid Industries Hyperspot Vs Baja Designs Racer edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Baja Designs. Rigid are great but because Baja has lenses you can swap in, it makes it a winner for me. The racers are great but a nice set of XL80s with some Spot Lenses are AWESOME! You can't buy them with Spots from Baja BUT we stock the XL80s and all the lenses, so we can customize the kit before it ships to you.

So my recommendation is to grab some XL80s, have us throw some spot lenses on for you and a nice set of Alternative Offroad or SDHQ pillar mounts and you're golden.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk pricing (hint hint).

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/xl80/

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The racers are great but a nice set of XL80s with some Spot Lenses are AWESOME! You can't buy them with Spots from Baja BUT we stock the XL80s and all the lenses, so we can customize the kit before it ships to you.

So my recommendation is to grab some XL80s.

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/xl80/

Interesting. That is a great feature you guys offer with the XL80’s. The fact that BD does not offer a full spot lens is why I was looking at other options. Have you heard anything regarding updates to the XL80?

I am assuming it is only a matter of time before they get the same tech found in the ONX+ plus. Or perhaps better. I will be shooting you a PM, I just don’t want to miss anything that is potentially released during SEMA 2019. Thus, kick myself. Which is only a few weeks away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. That is a great feature you guys offer with the XL80’s. The fact that BD does not offer a full spot lens is why I was looking at other options. Have you heard anything regarding updates to the XL80?

I am assuming it is only a matter of time before they get the same tech found in the ONX+ plus. Or perhaps better. I will be shooting you a PM, I just don’t want to miss anything that is potentially released during SEMA 2019. Thus, kick myself. Which is only a few weeks away.

This isn't a unique option to one vendor. Anyone and any Baja Designs dealer can get you setup with a set of spot beam lenses for the XL80's. While Baja Designs only offers the XL80's with the driving combo and wide cornering lenses direct from them, it doesn't mean you can't change them out yourself or have a dealer do that.

Changing lenses on pretty much all Baja Designs lights is very, very easy.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Well they have lasers :) If you wanna really talk light output... but that's for very very specific applications. It's not something you see 99.99% of the guys running. Unless yer doing some crazy fast races in the desert i don't think lasers is the way to go.

Well Baja used to offer it with the XL80s but because of the power of the light and what not, the pattern was not IDEAL for them. So they only offer it on the XL Pros and below. Not to say you can't do it as I mentioned. It's what I did on our demo truck and it works out very well.

Here is a video we put together just driving down the road turning various lights on and off to give you an idea. It's just a raw video of me driving. No marketing fluff or anything, you'll just see how they are:

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty informative video for sure. The XL80’s with the all spot lens sounds like a good contender. In your video, is that XL80 have the all spot lens? I don’t see much spill into the hood, so, I wanna say yes. I would be curious to see the XL racer if you have a video. Even a photo. Not much available when I put it into google. Thanks.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes the XL80 in our video is a Spot lens. No spill really at all. I run the Alternative Offroad mounts so the light DOES sit a little bit taller then the SDHQ. We stock both mounts and I honestly love both mounts. Alternatives are easy to install as they install to the hood, and since they sit a little higher, slightly less spill. SDHQ are rock solid as well. Can't go wrong with either one. SDHQ are good if you want the lights lower and don't plan on running anything larger then an XL80. Alternative Offroad are good if you want the lights to move with the hood + want an easier installation. Also good for larger lights like LP6s.

XL Racers are the same size as the XL80. You'll get a tighter beam pattern with the XL Racers over the XL80s in spot. However im not sure which would go further... XL80 are a LOT brighter then XL Pros/Racers...

I'll see if we have any XL Racers in stock. It's not a very popular item for us at all so we might not have any (Squadron Racers are more popular it seems).

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I don’t plan on any good mounted lights right now. I am going to be mounting to the top hoop in my steel bumper. I have a photo above. Curious to see if you can dig up anything on the XL racer. Thanks.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We do have some in stock, but it's raining out right now. So i'll try tomorrow night (if it's not raining) to do a side by side. Showing the XL80 with Spots vs the XL Racer Edition Spots

OP
OP
R

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do have some in stock, but it's raining out right now. So i'll try tomorrow night (if it's not raining) to do a side by side. Showing the XL80 with Spots vs the XL Racer Edition Spots
Can’t wait. Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can’t wait. Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

Andddddddd it's raining again... i may have to just settle for shooting these in the warehouse against the wall to get ya some photos. I was going to try and do it outside but yeah it's raining