VHF radio install pic's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes already done. It's a full time VHF speaker. Until I figure out a switch I notice a difference in the sound. But I can't figure out this damn software for the radio. It's like it's missing the enter button. I can't tell if it took the Freqs you gave me. But so far this radio look like it can do a lot. It's actually like having two radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I attempted to install a switch but didn't succeed. I used a DPDT on/on switch. What would normally be your supply of power was my output to the speaker. Then the other two sides had either the vhf radio or the stock radio feed. VHF worked fine with it but I couldn't get any sound out when I switched to the stock radio. Didn't investigate it too much as the center speaker is easily forgotten.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the ground go back to the corresponding radio?

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

The frequencies should have imported to the software. Then you upload to the radio.

Only thing I don't like about the tyt is the lack of scanning ability.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

This one can hold and scan one set of of channels while you talk on another set. I think I figured out the software also. I'm gonna load all the nc noaa weather stations also. Got any other radio freq. suggestions.

jim f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the mount on a screw. It works great.

uvy5yzeq.jpg

y7umeqaz.jpg

Wondering, do you leave this mount in place full time and just remove the antenna when not in use??
I am in the process of evaluating radio, antenna and lowrance gps.
Thanks for any feedback.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering, do you leave this mount in place full time and just remove the antenna when not in use??
I am in the process of evaluating radio, antenna and lowrance gps.
Thanks for any feedback.

That is exactly what I do. I also have 2 antenna's one for on-road and one for off-road. The off-road one is shorter. Also if I am not running an antenna I do have a rain cap on the SMO mount.

Goose64

Reaction score
I like this also any one know where to get it ?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/21/ygatevav.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

I WANT THIS NOW!

what kind of radio is it? how can i get the carbon brackets? who can install it for me here in the New York are??!

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

I WANT THIS NOW!

what kind of radio is it? where can i get the brackets? who can do the install in the tri-state are? PLEASE, anyone?

can you also let me know , thanks