GEN 2 Velociraptor V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love to know how they mated the motor to the gear box of the Raptor and have it mapped correctly. This has been attempted before but failed. I would place bets that the Hennessey V8 is actually a normal Lariat with all the body work and suspension of the Raptor. His shop is near my house, I will try to pop in for a visit with them to take a look. I am doubtful that this was a Raptor before the engine was swapped.

On the flip side I know several guys with Hennessey Corvettes, CTS-V's, and one Viper. None of them have had issues to date. Then again I have read about plenty of people having issues with their vehicles. I have never dealt with him personally so I will not cast judgement on him or his work.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
133" Lariat SCab...un-f'n likely :lol:

Considering they charge $120ish for a Velociraptor V6TT which is just a few bolt ons and a program, why would you think it to be unlikely for them to convert a Lariat to a Raptor. Have you ever taken a look at the Shelby's with the V8. Very comparable and evenly priced on the V8 packages. If they were to do an actual motor swap with a Raptor, I can almost guarantee it would cost more than $133k. Hennessey is very high priced. When I get a chance I will go over to his shop and take a look.

Just to be clear, when you do the motor swap from the V6 to the V8 it isn't as clean as you are thinking. The remapping of the gearbox and other sensors is a major engineering job. I considered it when we built mine, the cost would have been over $200k for my build. There isn't an easy way to do this due to the communication of the motor and the gearbox. Loads of reprogramming and sensor changes to make it work properly. Unless Hennessey swapped the gear box as well, which would lead me back to my original statement of it being a Lariat to Raptor conversion.

D

Deleted member 12951

Hennessey is selling these for $147,950
And they ruined it by installing a 6” lift kit and 20’s. I am sure there is more they ruined.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Considering they charge $120ish for a Velociraptor V6TT which is just a few bolt ons and a program, why would you think it to be unlikely for them to convert a Lariat to a Raptor. Have you ever taken a look at the Shelby's with the V8. Very comparable and evenly priced on the V8 packages. If they were to do an actual motor swap with a Raptor, I can almost guarantee it would cost more than $133k. Hennessey is very high priced. When I get a chance I will go over to his shop and take a look.

Just to be clear, when you do the motor swap from the V6 to the V8 it isn't as clean as you are thinking. The remapping of the gearbox and other sensors is a major engineering job. I considered it when we built mine, the cost would have been over $200k for my build. There isn't an easy way to do this due to the communication of the motor and the gearbox. Loads of reprogramming and sensor changes to make it work properly. Unless Hennessey swapped the gear box as well, which would lead me back to my original statement of it being a Lariat to Raptor conversion.

Please let me know what you find out. I'm interested in how they did it as well. Being that the 10 speed is an option with 5.0 trucks, Perhaps a mod motor bolts up to the EB trans bellhousing? or the bellhousing is a service part?

I'm sure that it has to be a different TC, but the rest should be wiring and electrical/programming.

200K for a motor swap in a street truck is nuts. Now if I could write someone a check for 10K for the programming/wiring, and the rest of the mechanical wasnt overly complicated, I'd consider v8 swapping my truck, but i'd be doing everything but the programming and final wiring myself.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@zombiekiller, I just text my guy there. He is going to get a few pics for me. He took a brief look at it and says the same that it appears to be just a Lariat to Raptor conversion. Only way to know is to check the VIN. I am waiting on him to send me pics.

As for the $200k motor swap I was considering, that was including everything else I did to my Raptor as well.

We ended up not being able to send my Raptor to SEMA this year since I was out the past couple of weeks due to a family emergency, my Raptor missed the shipment date to Vegas. It will be there next year with several more upgrades than what we already have. I will be posting pics of the new additions as they go on.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@zombiekiller, I just text my guy there. He is going to get a few pics for me. He took a brief look at it and says the same that it appears to be just a Lariat to Raptor conversion. Only way to know is to check the VIN. I am waiting on him to send me pics.

As for the $200k motor swap I was considering, that was including everything else I did to my Raptor as well.

We ended up not being able to send my Raptor to SEMA this year since I was out the past couple of weeks due to a family emergency, my Raptor missed the shipment date to Vegas. It will be there next year with several more upgrades than what we already have. I will be posting pics of the new additions as they go on.

Can you even buy a scab lariat with the 5L?