Using a gas lawn blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the master blaster each time I wash the truck. I find I get a lot of water out of the cracks and crannies and hood vents. Of course you still have to wipe down the vehicle with a towel to prevent spots. The good thing about the master blaster is you dont have the weight with the hose as compared to the entire gas or electric blower so its much easier to handle. The air is warm and filtered so youre not blowing crap all over that just washed finished. And you can use one or two speeds with a flick of a switch.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would stay away from an electric blower...Water and electricity=Darwin Award

Unless the blower is covered in water u have nothing to worry about. Plus all outdoor outlets should be GFCI protected and I am sure most if not all blowers will state that they are plugged into a GFCI when used.

I use the on board compressor on my truck to blow out water from all the little tight spots

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DO NOT use a gas blower to dry your paint....if you're picky about how your paint looks. As mentioned, it will indeed cover your paint with a nice, thin coat of two stroke oil. ;)

An electric model, a monster like the Master Blaster, or the Sidekick (my preferred weapon of choice) will make your life much easier.

Both of those machines heat and filter the air, two critical things that common leaf blowers do not do.

The best and most efficient way to dry:

• Sheet/Pool rinse
  • Blow dry
  • Great White Drying towel with Detail Spray as a drying aid

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the sidekick in all the nooks and crannies and then use detail spray as a drying agent.

The sidekick has reduced my towel usage from 3 great whites each wash down to one.

Highest offending areas that hold water are ther front fascia, grille, hood vents, fender vents, cowling, bed rails and rear bumper tread.

Blow those suckers out and you are down to a single GWDT.

Follow up with detail spray while drying and you are doneskis.

OP
OP
wanderfalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Both of those machines heat and filter the air, two critical things that common leaf blowers do not do.

• Sheet/Pool rinse
  • Blow dry
[/QUOTE

How does the blaster generate heat?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How does the blaster generate heat?

Exactly "how" is a good question. I'm not sure if there is a heating element inside or if it's just the heat generated from the motor itself. 60-80* above ambient temperature is pretty typical, and it makes a HUGE difference when the air is warm, especially when the ambient temperatures start to dip down.

OP
OP
wanderfalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly "how" is a good question. I'm not sure if there is a heating element inside or if it's just the heat generated from the motor itself. 60-80* above ambient temperature is pretty typical, and it makes a HUGE difference when the air is warm, especially when the ambient temperatures start to dip down.

Could it also be used to speed drying times for the sealant in damp weather?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Could it also be used to speed drying times for the sealant in damp weather?

I wouldn't depend in it for that. Too many variables that could come into play to speed along the cure time of a sealant.

Plus, if you want to speed the time on Machine Super Sealant, 12 hours is a long time to walk around your truck using a dryer. ;)

OP
OP
wanderfalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't depend in it for that. Too many variables that could come into play to speed along the cure time of a sealant.

Plus, if you want to speed the time on Machine Super Sealant, 12 hours is a long time to walk around your truck using a dryer. ;)

I was referring to the time lapsed between applying and buffing off. Yeah the cure time would be tuff to wait out.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

• Sheet/Pool rinse
  • Blow dry

I've been using this method without the blow dryer (being cheap) and after sheeting, I've gotten it down to 1 GWDT and 1 Single Soft Microfiber with detail spray. Then I flip the single soft towel over and go over the truck for a final wipe in case I've missed anything. Then it's SVRT time for the tires. And Adam's Glass cleaner for the windows.

OFF TOPIC: Adam, if I have water spots and bugs on my windshield, can I clay bar the the glass to remove them?