GEN 2 Used oil analysis results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Thought I would post my oil analysis from Blackstone.

Edit:
I use Rotella T6 5w40 in other vehicles and since the T6 5w30 is fairly new, I thought I would test it to compare. Oil filter is Motorcraft.

This sample was run in the winter i.e. extreme conditions. Mainly city with some highway runs. I chose 8k kms or 5k miles because that’s what OCI I use in the other cars.

I seem to be getting 1000 kms per 10% on my oil life display. Next up... I got Amsoil SS 5w30 with a Wix filter. I might sample this fill or the next one.

I haven’t seen this info posted anywhere on FRF but maybe I missed it. Maybe we can sticky this thread if it’s helpful to others.

71ECA261-9A04-4A3E-899C-575C4E274AED.jpeg

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Well it might as well be in Chinese for me haha. Is it good or bad? Anyone want to educate what I looking at....

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it might as well be in Chinese for me haha. Is it good or bad? Anyone want to educate what I looking at....

Column on the left is his results. Darker column to the right of that is the averages for his truck if there wre multiple tests. Far right is average results for all 3.5L EB engines.

You look for high copper and lead (bearing failures) and high silicon values (poor air filtration) typically. % fuel at the bottom let's you know if you have fuel dilution, % antifreeze will show headgasket leaks, and the TBN at the bottom let's you know if the oil is worn out yet. They reference the TBN in the comments at the top and tell him to try running a longer oil change interval next time.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For kicks, I did another UOA on Amsoil 5w30 SS. I wanted to compare Rotella T6 and Amsoil SS to possibly extend my OCI to 10000 kms (about 6200 miles). Hopefully this helps with oil selection.

FYI, my truck is a DD with mixed city and highway. Amsoil does real well in extreme cold and heat. I think I’m gonna stick with Amsoil.

9E5C5F34-417D-40F3-AC00-5948CB596056.jpeg

D

Deleted member 17706

AMSOIL is just tough to beat. Its TBN and viscosity levels meet or exceed the recommended thresholds even after months of use. It is well worth the money!

For those that are interested, this video has some info on oil analysis data: