USB storage compartment...lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Small Town Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 802a with tech. I just noticed tonight while taking out the garbage that the ambient LED light inside the centre sliding door storage compartment (where the 2 x usb ports are located) was still on. Doors locked, all other interior lights off.

Does anyone else's truck do this? I rarely have it closed as I have a phone cable plugged in there.

I never noticed it before.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The lights will remain on for a while after you exit, and I think they fire up when you unlock - like when the remote is in your pocket getting jostled around...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i believe its from the prox key. the truck will shut down, just not with the key close by unless the key is sitting stationary. if the truck detects key movement the system wakes up and as you get closer will unlock/or do whatever seting you have.

KCRaptor643

Reaction score
I noticed on my 2019 with 802A as well. I don't think that light ever goes off as I tried everything, closed lid, locked doors, etc....since it's a small draw due to being LED, I don't think it will cause too much harm.

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As to my knowledge they stay on for quite a while and eventually they will go off. Nothing to worry about...

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With that said, if I plug in a light dual usb charger in the center console, it will eventually power down after locking the truck?

I think ForScan has adjustment on the delay times?