GEN 2 Upgrading Speakers & Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrading Speakers & Subwoofer

I'm starting with JL stealth box 13TW5v2 with xd600v2 amp mids and highs tbd after I hear them.

Currently have the W7 with original xd600 in 4runner and it sounds pretty good. Went to a local shop and listened to a TW3 and it was surprisingly nice so the TW5 should be great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JL Audio

I'm starting with JL stealth box 13TW5v2 with xd600v2 amp mids and highs tbd after I hear them.

Currently have the W7 with original xd600 in 4runner and it sounds pretty good. Went to a local shop and listened to a TW3 and it was surprisingly nice so the TW5 should be great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a SB-J-UNLTD4D/13TW5v2/BK: Stealthbox in my Jeep JKU with a Kenwood Amp and it sounded amazing. The TW5v2 is a great woofer.

I also had all JL Audio speakers, just amazing clear sound.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you all putting the amps? Last F150 I had separate amps for sub vs front and rear channels. Was separate amps necessary or did crutchfield Over spec? One amp ended up under front passenger seat and other under rear passenger side split in a screw.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amps

Where are you all putting the amps? Last F150 I had separate amps for sub vs front and rear channels. Was separate amps necessary or did crutchfield Over spec? One amp ended up under front passenger seat and other under rear passenger side split in a screw.

I'm going to run JL Audio HD's, they are very small and will fit behind the back seat with the head unit controller.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill be looking into a audison system, one of the best processor's on the market and integrates into OEM systems pretty well.

Maybe Hertz for speakers and maybe JL for a single Sub... But i dont really want to loose that amazing rear floor space, when you fold the seats up.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hertz

Ill be looking into a audison system, one of the best processor's on the market and integrates into OEM systems pretty well.

Maybe Hertz for speakers and maybe JL for a single Sub... But i dont really want to loose that amazing rear floor space, when you fold the seats up.

I like Hertz speakers also, never seen that processor?

More R&D to do :)