Upgraded inner fog to pro, swapped internals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this on my last Raptor. I swapped the internal board from the factory sae fog with a Pro Flood Rigid SR-M 902113
Pretty easy swap this time... the last one I did had a different board (different model SR-M too) that required soldering. This one was nearly plug and play.
I liked the idea of keeping the adjustability and factory look. I just installed today, so I will test this evening and post pictures of the light output.

Attachments

• Raptor-SR-M Board view.jpg
    Raptor-SR-M Board view.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 84
  • SRM-Pro in Raptor housing.jpg
    SRM-Pro in Raptor housing.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG-7865.jpg
    IMG-7865.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 86

DatGuy14

Reaction score
Did you change the color from white to amber as well?

Please keep us updated on the final results. I would like to make a similar change, keeping the factory look.

OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you change the color from white to amber as well?

Please keep us updated on the final results. I would like to make a similar change, keeping the factory look.
No. The SR-M Pro units I purchased were white led with flood beam. I will get pics soon... forgot to do it last night.

OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a couple night shots. As expected, these don't put out a ton of light... even in the pro series. However, they do compliment the fog pattern. When I add my 10" spot/driving combo in the center grille, that should fill in the rest.
These were taken with an iphone 15pro with AE/AF lock on. No headlights.

Attachments

• OEM-Fog-only.jpg
    OEM-Fog-only.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Rigid Pro-flood Only.jpg
    Rigid Pro-flood Only.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 56
  • OEM and Fog together.jpg
    OEM and Fog together.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know how they compare to the Ford Performance upgraded lights?
I don't, but from what I can tell, the FP lights are driving beam pattern, based on the FP website. I had Rigid Pro driving on my '21, and they were good. The Rigid Pro driving had 3 LED's, the FP only has 2 based on the pics, so not sure how they compare. I like the driving pattern more than the flood. Too much diffusion with the flood.
I may repurpose the flood to backups and get a driving pattern for the front inner locations.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't, but from what I can tell, the FP lights are driving beam pattern, based on the FP website. I had Rigid Pro driving on my '21, and they were good. The Rigid Pro driving had 3 LED's, the FP only has 2 based on the pics, so not sure how they compare. I like the driving pattern more than the flood. Too much diffusion with the flood.
I may repurpose the flood to backups and get a driving pattern for the front inner locations.
i have the FP and it definitely feels somewhere between a driving light and a spot.

OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pro fog units I bought, were plug-in play, essentially. You open up the housing on each and pull the boards out. Then swap the pro board into the factory housing.
When I did the units on my 2021, I had to do some soldering, so I’m not sure which ones have plug-in play boards. It may have been an older unit as well.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a couple night shots. As expected, these don't put out a ton of light... even in the pro series. However, they do compliment the fog pattern. When I add my 10" spot/driving combo in the center grille, that should fill in the rest.
These were taken with an iphone 15pro with AE/AF lock on. No headlights.

I'm sure the neighbors were super stoked about your new lights.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter