SPV Rigid Fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just so I'm sure I'm understanding this all correctly, the SR-M Driving lights (SKU: 912313-0-21rpt-106) are NOT the same as the SR-M Driving lights (M-15200-RDL) listed here on Ford Performance's website that people have been using their Ford points to purchase, correct?

The ones in this FP listing show two bulbs, but are described as "SR-M Driving lights", but don't have the 3 bulbs that SPF's website or the pictures on this thread shows on these SR-M Driving lights. Or are they both "SR-M Driving lights" but the @Specialtyperformanceparts ones are a higher light output? And the SPV Parts SR-M Driving lights can't be installed without that entire kit that has the additional brackets and such, if I'm swapping them out for the existing inner lights? If they can be, what's the listing for just the lights themselves?

I don't want to mount a ton of lights to my truck, and I want to maintain the Rigid brand lights as I like the clean OEM look AND I swapped over a set of Rigid D-SS Pro Side Shooter Spot Light A-pillar lights from our Jeep, so I'm already ~$400 invested in Rigid. But I'd also like to get the most most light possible when replacing those inner fogs.
I just pulled up the listing in that link. The true Rigid SR-M Driving lights are definitely different than the Ford spec'd version that FP is advertising. Those are going to be lower powered than the ones from Rigid direct. Also, you would definitely need the kit for the true Rigid version because they have different mounting points than the ones from Ford.
There isn't a huge difference in price between one pair of those Ford version lights and the kit for one pair of the true Rigid Driving version with the brackets and plug-and-play wiring. The Driving pattern is the brightest of all the SR-M lights, so it is more expensive than the Spot or the Flood, but all of them are immensely brighter than what comes stock in the OEM bumper.

Here is the link to the kit if you wanted to check it out.

Please feel free to call or text me if I can help in any way or if you have any questions for me.
You can also use the code raptorforum100 at checkout to save some money on the kit.

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts Found this thread after looking up information about the fogs.

Was driving in a remote area with winding roads which had no street lights.

The lack of light output is apparent.

I ordered a pair of the Rigid SR-M floods for the factory fogs and a pair of Rigid SR-M spot lights for the aux from you just a few moments ago.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts Found this thread after looking up information about the fogs.

Was driving in a remote area with winding roads which had no street lights.

The lack of light output is apparent.

I ordered a pair of the Rigid SR-M floods for the factory fogs and a pair of Rigid SR-M spot lights for the aux from you just a few moments ago.
Thank you for allowing us to earn your business! We appreciate you!

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

awd5906

Reaction score
Is there a specific way to align these lights? As in do you want the light to be slightly angled towards the road/trail infront of you or just zero angle straight ahead and let the beam dispersement do the rest?

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a specific way to align these lights? As in do you want the light to be slightly angled towards the road/trail infront of you or just zero angle straight ahead and let the beam dispersement do the rest?
I think they are too powerful for every day road use. So I went with zero angle and they shine out like high beams for my offroad use. Or when I can use them on lonely dark roads.

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They have to be well below the headlight cutoff. If you see light above the headlight cutoff you are blinding ppl.

I just installed the rigid SR-Ms yesterday and they definitely will create problems if they are not aimed low.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have to be well below the headlight cutoff. If you see light above the headlight cutoff you are blinding ppl.

I just installed the rigid SR-Ms yesterday and they definitely will create problems if they are not aimed low.
I would assume that aiming SR-M pro (driving lights, not spot) down enough to be below low beam cut off line, would mean they are basically pointed straight down or close to it. If the goal is to have street legal lights, I would suggest the SAE versions. The SR-M pro driving light output is outward, but also all over too.

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume that aiming SR-M pro (driving lights, not spot) down enough to be below low beam cut off line, would mean they are basically pointed straight down or close to it. If the goal is to have street legal lights, I would suggest the SAE versions. The SR-M pro driving light output is outward, but also all over too.
Can’t speak to the driving, but the flood and spot lights are acceptable aimed low