Under driver dash floor pad pic needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

openspaces

Reaction score
So looking over a new or me gen2 and this area looks unfinished. (Specifically the top edge of the floor padding) Can someone verify this is how it is supposed to look?

Update: I think this is normal. Was at the dealer and no gen2 raptors but every newer ford truck/bronco looked similar. Still would love a gen2 owner to confirm but I’m less concerned after the trip today.

Attachments

• 3D45D3BB-7FDB-4964-B647-D777BA600A32.jpeg
    3D45D3BB-7FDB-4964-B647-D777BA600A32.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remembered this post when I was getting out of my truck today and can confirm my ‘19 looks like that too.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sure the 2015 F150s carpet went higher up, but as time goes on they look for ways to trim costs.

It's called de-contenting. You liked that hood light? Gone. Nice pull out storage trays in the dahsboard- that is now a memory. Digital readouts on knobs, nah we can't get those anymore. Backlighting on buttons? You should know by feel and memory by now. Let's just hack the carpet above the pedals down about 6". People aren't losing stuff behind it, so who cares right?

Sometimes they add features to keep them selling compared to the first year model- but mostly they just cut stuff to make it cheaper.