Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Uncomfortable Recaro seats

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by 19perf-blue, Jul 13, 2019 at 12:15 PM.

1. 19perf-blue

19perf-blue Member

1E85C285-5CB4-4D05-B295-A4321E29C63C.jpeg Hey everyone, new raptor owner here. 19 SCREW ford performance blue with recaro seats.
    I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem that I am. My recaro seats seem really uncomfortable I can’t seem to find an adjustment that is even a little comfortable. Even on short drives I find myself shifting a lot.
    Is this common? Will they break in or am I just stuck with uncomfortable seats?
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 1:35 PM
  2. cayenne

cayenne Full Access Member

I found them a bit stiff in the beginning. 3K miles later they have begun to break in a little. I doubt they will go much further... They feel like a typical Recaro to me and I like the bolstering and stiffness though.

3. Jinrsvl

Jinrsvl Member

Sorry to hear about your uncomfortable seats. It could be they need to break in, or maybe you just aren't fitting very well? For me, at a slender 6'7", the Recaros fit perfectly and are extremely comfortable. Much better for me than any other seat in the F-150.

Yeti Rojo likes this.
  4. daytraitors

daytraitors Member

This is always a problem. I'm in the 2010, and I just hate the seat. I love my Corvette seat, and I dream about the day I finally install a Corvette seat in the Ford.

Bottom line is everyone is different, and you just have to find the right seat for you. Some combination of padding and shims might come into play.

5. RossL

RossL Member

I wound up selling my Focus RS because of the Recaros. I'm not sure if they are same seats or not but everyone said they break in and after 10k miles, they did not break in.

6. NJRAPTOR87

NJRAPTOR87 Member

I’ll trade seats out of my 17’ for your recaros.

Fyatrk likes this.
  7. Swarfworks

Swarfworks FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

After pulling almost 70k miles on my ‘17, I was a little worried for the first few weeks with my ‘19 with the Recaros. But now with about 9k miles, I love them. Just drove 1800 miles on a couple days and no issues at all. But everyone is built different.

8. tomtom

tomtom Member

Ditto, I will swap my seats

9. Britt

Britt Member

I have a 19 Performance Blue as well with rear heated seats. I’ll swap you

10. pbtjrlmrt

pbtjrlmrt Full Access Member

I have the 2019 with Recaro. The seats are simply amazing!! Can't imagine what your problem might be. I'm 5'8" 145lbs if that makes a difference. I absolutely love the look and feel of the Recaro seats. Never had a more comfortable ride.