Uncomfortable Recaro seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19perf-blue

Reaction score
1E85C285-5CB4-4D05-B295-A4321E29C63C.jpeg Hey everyone, new raptor owner here. 19 SCREW ford performance blue with recaro seats.
I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem that I am. My recaro seats seem really uncomfortable I can’t seem to find an adjustment that is even a little comfortable. Even on short drives I find myself shifting a lot.
Is this common? Will they break in or am I just stuck with uncomfortable seats?
Thanks

Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found them a bit stiff in the beginning. 3K miles later they have begun to break in a little. I doubt they will go much further... They feel like a typical Recaro to me and I like the bolstering and stiffness though.

Jinrsvl

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your uncomfortable seats. It could be they need to break in, or maybe you just aren't fitting very well? For me, at a slender 6'7", the Recaros fit perfectly and are extremely comfortable. Much better for me than any other seat in the F-150.

daytraitors

Reaction score
This is always a problem. I'm in the 2010, and I just hate the seat. I love my Corvette seat, and I dream about the day I finally install a Corvette seat in the Ford.

Bottom line is everyone is different, and you just have to find the right seat for you. Some combination of padding and shims might come into play.

RossL

Reaction score
I wound up selling my Focus RS because of the Recaros. I'm not sure if they are same seats or not but everyone said they break in and after 10k miles, they did not break in.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After pulling almost 70k miles on my ‘17, I was a little worried for the first few weeks with my ‘19 with the Recaros. But now with about 9k miles, I love them. Just drove 1800 miles on a couple days and no issues at all. But everyone is built different.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2019 with Recaro. The seats are simply amazing!! Can't imagine what your problem might be. I'm 5'8" 145lbs if that makes a difference. I absolutely love the look and feel of the Recaro seats. Never had a more comfortable ride.