u joint failing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Mad, if the truck's lifted, watch out for clearance on the zerks when in full rotation. I learned the hard way in my first 78 Bronco after the lift, I sheared off 3 grease nipples driving 10 feet due to the angle change...

Oh damn, I could see that happening, JP. I think I'm OK on this thing.

Got to thinking, this was a custom order cab and chassis back in '03 so maybe it was built different?

This thing seems to be falling apart lately- and with only 50K miles (albeit very hard miles). Today I'm replacing the starter. Seems chevy really cheapened these up compared to my '97. That thing was bulletproof and it didn't get 8 freaking miles to the gallon like my '03!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh damn, I could see that happening, JP. I think I'm OK on this thing.

Got to thinking, this was a custom order cab and chassis back in '03 so maybe it was built different?

This thing seems to be falling apart lately- and with only 50K miles (albeit very hard miles). Today I'm replacing the starter. Seems chevy really cheapened these up compared to my '97. That thing was bulletproof and it didn't get 8 freaking miles to the gallon like my '03!

Trucks probably genetically modified....

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Truckwolf is stalking me. He found the bridge that goes to my house and was carrying some chloroform and a jar of vaseline.:whip: