Tuxedo black or just black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everyone out there who has a black Raptor, which color looks the best? I ordered tuxedo black but am thinking about changing the order.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For everyone out there who has a black Raptor, which color looks the best? I ordered tuxedo black but am thinking about changing the order.

I really like the tux black. It REALLY sparkles in the sun when clean.

When clean.

When clean.

Hard to keep clean.

I have a feeling that goes for regular black as well.

MDU

RobertM

Reaction score

I think it's a personal preference thing. Here's a pic of my black-black Screw, nose to nose with Ms. MI Raptor's tuxedo black Scab:

Raptorsmeet2.jpg

With no metal flake to diffuse the light, the color on mine is deeper black. But hers really sparkles in the sun. day_dream.gif

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
****... that deep black is the bomb. Why did you show this to us................

(2012 Tuxedo Black on order)

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
After seeing my tux black nose to nose with RobertM's black black this weekend there is a definite difference in the degree of black. Tux black sparkles great but almost looks like a really dark carbon gray or bronze-black next to the black black.

Of course for everyone reviewing our pics from the weekend for color comparison, my truck was filthy and dust covered from 2 days of rain leading up to my trip downstate so that layer of dirt does make my color look a bit off. Unfortunately there isn't a car wash in that town that will fit a rap so it stayed dirty all weekend. :(

Sent from my iPhone

mrpositraction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, this thread made me contact my dealer this morning and change my order from Tuxedo Black to Ebony Black.....

Ms. MI, you Raptor did look dirty, I thought it was a little to dull, I had a tux black and really like it.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the tux black. It REALLY sparkles in the sun when clean.

When clean.

When clean.

Hard to keep clean.

I have a feeling that goes for regular black as well.

MDU

I have owned 2 black trucks , 2 black mustangs , own a black Harley and I can assure you that the Tux Black is WAY , WAY , WAY , WAY easier to keep clean . Also as I have posted MANY times the Tux Black shows ZERO swirls. I am still just Fing amazed at this . I was bumming a little about getting another black ride , but the Tux black has negated all of my concerns. As all other black / black rides I have seen or owned would get swirls in the paint almost immediately. Some guy's really hate the orange peel affect of Fords factory paint . It does not bother me especially since I have not had any swirls . Oh did I say that already.
Maybe someone who has a black late model Ford can speak up and let us know if they are dealing with swirls in there clear coat ? Or if Ford figured this out as well and all the shit I said does not apply .
To me the Tux black in the Sun is just AWSOME and very unique.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, this thread made me contact my dealer this morning and change my order from Tuxedo Black to Ebony Black.....

Ms. MI, you Raptor did look dirty, I thought it was a little to dull, I had a tux black and really like it.

YOU CAN"T GET SOLID BLACK FOR 2012

randy

Model Yr: 12 Body: W1R Beg Ord: X001 No Units: 001 End Ord: ____
Ord Type: 2 Series/PEP: 517A Engine: 99 6 Trans: 44 6 Whlbase: 145
Priority: 20 Paint: UA Trim: 7B Accent: __ Roof: __
Add: ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Del: ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Init: _ Cust/Flt Name: _____________ Ord FIN: _____ User FIN: _____
PO Number: _____________ Ship-to Code: ______ Additional Trailers (Y/N): _

BLACK PAINT UA NOT AVAILABLE - SWITCH TO UH