Turbo lag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also experience a similar situation as to what you’ve explained. Or at least similar enough that i’ll Post here in case someone else is having a similar issue.

Pull out of the driveway on a cold morning. It’s difficult to build any boost. Then several seconds go by and it’s there.
I’ve always put it down to the electric wastegates stay open. Although I’ve been planning on logging their demand signal.

I can’t say it’s a throttle plate issue. Truck seems responsive enough. It just fails to build boost for the first 1-2 minutes of a drive during a cold start. Once the time is up you can feel the difference in boost/spool and hear the turbos spool.

Not much help as to the response. However I doubt the pedal commander will help my particular case. As typically the truck is responsive.

I’ll try to take a log in the next few weeks.

My other car is a relatively modified Porsche 997 Turbo. So I have some experience with turbos, lag and quirks (wastegate/vnt Actuator demand signals)

Cheers!

It's also possible that the truck has a function built in to it that limits boost/power until it reaches operating temperature.