Turbo boost problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No mods are done I run 91 octane and I never heard any pops or anything but I just know when it left the dealer I was boosting at damn near 20 psi and I can’t get close now. Been super hot here lately but I don’t think that would cause 8 psi drop from heat but I am new to the turbo world also so not sure. Thanks everyone else actually giving me some advice or things to think about lol
It will derate boost and timing depending on octane. Run 93 for a few tanks and see if it returns to full power output.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
That is the thing it still feels like it pulls pretty good but the main thing I noticed the boost being low on the gauge but havnt got on it enough at the beginning to be able to say 100% it’s slower
If it was me I'd definitely troubleshoot that first to determine if it's the gauge itself or you're if you are losing actual power. I'd also callout since the truck is new and being broke in and the pcm/computer is adjusting/learning to your climate/elevation/etc which it would adjust boost, etc under load as needed. I'd say all is functioning correctly and truck is just learning but definitely keep an eye on it and if you determine actual power loss then take it to your Ford dealer for diagnostics.

As I posted this I see the guru himself @FordTechOne has appeared to spit his knowledge/scripture! Definitely listen to him...he is the Ford Oracle and speaks only knowledge and hard truths:)

recohn

Reaction score
Go to a college campus and mentally beat up some college students in whatever side you feel is right, Mr. MurderedOutSVT and leave your insults to them, BTW: your not the Raptor Forum Police, ease up homie.

Mr. Papalmacha: Enjoy your Raptor, pics are optional, I believe we still live in the U.S.A.

pirates1456

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to a college campus and mentally beat up some college students in whatever side you feel is right, Mr. MurderedOutSVT and leave your insults to them, BTW: your not the Raptor Forum Police, ease up homie.

Mr. Papalmacha: Enjoy your Raptor, pics are optional, I believe we still live in the U.S.A.
200.gif