Gen 3 wastegate problems P25B4 *SOLVED*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep getting a code for a stuck wastegate. It moves perfectly by hand. The truck runs and makes boost just fine for about 10 minutes and then the wrench light and service engine soon pop up. The truck still runs fine, but boost is limited to about 1-2 psi if any. Usually it is just the wrench light that comes on, although the check engine light has come on a few times. Sometimes it resets on its own after sitting for a while, and sometimes I have to clear the code. Sometimes it happens within about 10 minutes of driving, and sometimes it happens within the first minute. Unfortunately, I don's see a way to adjust the new electronic waste gates. There are no bolts to tighten or loosen the arm length to adjust voltage readings. Goosetuned has made sure it is not a tuning issue. Do you have any ideas how to fix it? Thank you very much for your help!

OP
OP
S

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess this is a fairly common problem with multiple factory wastegates. I’ll be home in 4-5 days to fix the problem. After that is fixed, I will continue with the next step of the build. Good things are coming.