TSB 22-2428 10R60/10R80 Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ho
I'm seriously debating going this route. I cleared the tables and followed the relearn procedure @FordTechOne provided and it's shifting great right now. Well see how long it lasts... Crazy to me a computer and trans tables can negatively effect the tranny so much and do the exact opposite of what it's designed to do.
Honestly - I'm actually using the Cobb 'sport' trans tune. Goose told me to just try it first (cuz it's essentially free) and that if I didn't like it I could pay him for his trans tune. I find the canned Cobb trans tune to be so good that it really doesn't need improving, so I left it. I do have Goosetune ECU tune however.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know. I think Ford is not dealing with it cause it brings them in more money.
Actually the complete opposite, warranty repairs and reprogramming cost a the company a significant amount of money.

Adaptive learning is important in that it compensates for small variations in tolerances between units and adapts to the manner in which it’s being driven. For example a vehicle that is exclusively used for towing is going to learn differently than one that’s driven unloaded all the time.

As far as the aftermarket TCM calibrations, I’m not familiar with what they’re actually changing to modify the behavior and retain adaptive learning. Maybe one of the tuners/sponsors can offer some insight.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually the complete opposite, warranty repairs and reprogramming cost a the company a significant amount of money.

Adaptive learning is important in that it compensates for small variations in tolerances between units and adapts to the manner in which it’s being driven. For example a vehicle that is exclusively used for towing is going to learn differently than one that’s driven unloaded all the time.

As far as the aftermarket TCM calibrations, I’m not familiar with what they’re actually changing to modify the behavior and retain adaptive learning. Maybe one of the tuners/sponsors can offer some insight.
I understand everything you're saying Sir. Id be interested if @GooseTuned would spill some insight. All I can tell you is... the ay the trans shifts is horsechit bad.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ho

Honestly - I'm actually using the Cobb 'sport' trans tune. Goose told me to just try it first (cuz it's essentially free) and that if I didn't like it I could pay him for his trans tune. I find the canned Cobb trans tune to be so good that it really doesn't need improving, so I left it. I do have Goosetune ECU tune however.
Who you callin a ho???!!