Gen 3 10R80 transmission issues/recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FTO is extremely knowledgeable and correct this bulletin is irrelevant to 10R80 "harsh shifting". Without derailing this thread, my '23 Raptor has begun exhibiting "rough shifts', and is scheduled for TCM reset to relearn. Fingers crossed

OP
OP
G3Rap

G3Rap

Reaction score
FTO is extremely knowledgeable and correct this bulletin is irrelevant to 10R80 "harsh shifting". Without derailing this thread, my '23 Raptor has begun exhibiting "rough shifts', and is scheduled for TCM reset to relearn. Fingers crossed
Look man… I don’t doubt that he is what you say he is. Which is fine and dandy. Additionally, I appreciate your insight and hope the TCM reset fixes the issues your facing man!

However, my intention wasn’t to come here looking for anyone’s “opinions” on the recall itself and whether they think the issues mentioned in it, are actual “issues.” But I recognize this is a forum and there are always people with their opinions and that’s okay.

So, I digress.

Back to my ORIGINAL point - I came here to see if anyone was exhibiting the issues mentioned in the recall bulletin posted in the original post in order to inform myself and others of potential issues.

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully no major issues. I had read prior to purchasing the the 10 speed tends to search for gears so that didn’t come as a surprise. Overall I am extremely pleased with the truck. I’ve given several people my feedback on the differences between the ‘23 Raptor and ‘22 TRX. Ive had both and both definitely have pros and cons.
This 10 speed does not search for gears if you know how to drive it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This 10 speed does not search for gears if you know how to drive it.
The trouble with a transmission that learns your habits is that if you drive like an idiot, it starts to shift like an idiot. Ford screwed up IMO by making it "learn". That was stupid. They should have just picked a decent useful shift map for each mode and not looked back. Yet another case of more tech biting customers in the áss.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it is very impressive, my 21 can go from grandpa mode to joy ride with a quick push of the peddle. The 21 is far better than my 19 tuning. I ran the Cobb sport tune on the 19 as it was less refined.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re irrelevant to me. I am having a discussion with the OP. Go back to your Lifetime movies and Advil.
You’re irrelevant, period. Speculation and anecdotal claims do not constitute a productive discussion.

This thread has no purpose; OP posted a recall and then went off in left field looking for “issues”. You jumped on those coat tails and have posted nothing but nonsense.

As far as the 10 speed, learn how they are designed to operate instead of complaining.

OP
OP
G3Rap

G3Rap

Reaction score
Purpose of the thread is to see if anyone is experiencing issues noted in the recall bulletin.

Please ignore anything else in this thread that doesn’t add value to previously mentioned bulletin. Don’t care for people ^^^ and their opinions on whether they think this is a “real issue” or not.

Just want to know if anyone has or have experienced it. Simple as that. Thanks again.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re irrelevant, period. Speculation and anecdotal claims do not constitute a productive discussion.

This thread has no purpose; OP posted a recall and then went off in left field looking for “issues”. You jumped on those coat tails and have posted nothing but nonsense.

As far as the 10 speed, learn how they are designed to operate instead of complaining.
I really appreciate your reply. You sound like quite the expert on these transmissions. I am very impressed. Could you please be so kind and teach me how they are designed to operate?