TSB 19-2232 Complete - NOW WHAT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought my Raptor to the dealer back in January for the dashboard replacement with about 6,000 miles on it. They replaced the dash and had to order a few parts to complete them which just came in last week. When I first brought the truck in for the dash I was hearing some knocking on acceleration which forced me to check the oil. I never got a low oil light, nor did the oil pressure gauge read too low. Long story short, back in January the dealer started the oil consumption test and 3,500 miles later it lost over a quart of oil so they performed TSB 19-2232 which replaced the valve covers and PCV system as well as a fresh oil change.

My question is this - the knocking noise (sounded like a bearing without oil), is what forced me to check the oil in the first place. Now I can't seem to get over the fact that I was low on oil and something must have suffered because of it. During acceleration I can hear the knocking noise. I've googled it and see that it's "common" for the 3.5 EB to have knocking and no I don't mean the sound of direct injection ticking. Does anyone else have a knocking noise and should I be concerned?

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a knocking sound as well, but it ended up being a check valve. This was on my 2017 Scab. One way to Diagnose it was when the sound started, immediately switch it to 4A and the sound instantly stopped.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a knocking sound as well, but it ended up being a check valve. This was on my 2017 Scab. One way to Diagnose it was when the sound started, immediately switch it to 4A and the sound instantly stopped.

I tend to hear mine during acceleration from a stop sign or light. It is more of a knocking, thud sound. Almost like a bad rod bearing sound although I don’t that’s the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you have to have the dash replaced?

The front strip up against the windshield warped and was sticking up about 2”. I figured they would replace that strip but apparently the entire dashboard had to be replaced.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I brought my Raptor to the dealer back in January for the dashboard replacement with about 6,000 miles on it. They replaced the dash and had to order a few parts to complete them which just came in last week. When I first brought the truck in for the dash I was hearing some knocking on acceleration which forced me to check the oil. I never got a low oil light, nor did the oil pressure gauge read too low. Long story short, back in January the dealer started the oil consumption test and 3,500 miles later it lost over a quart of oil so they performed TSB 19-2232 which replaced the valve covers and PCV system as well as a fresh oil change.

My question is this - the knocking noise (sounded like a bearing without oil), is what forced me to check the oil in the first place. Now I can't seem to get over the fact that I was low on oil and something must have suffered because of it. During acceleration I can hear the knocking noise. I've googled it and see that it's "common" for the 3.5 EB to have knocking and no I don't mean the sound of direct injection ticking. Does anyone else have a knocking noise and should I be concerned?

I don't have any knocking.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to hear mine during acceleration from a stop sign or light. It is more of a knocking, thud sound. Almost like a bad rod bearing sound although I don’t that’s the issue.

Have you tried to switch it to 4A while you hear the sound?