TRX to 2022 Raptor (Atlas Blue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZuluFox

Reaction score
Congrats! Another Phil Long guy here but my 37 order wasn't submitted until 12/31 so I'm in for a wait

OP
OP
awls

awls

Reaction score
Congrats! Another Phil Long guy here but my 37 order wasn't submitted until 12/31 so I'm in for a wait
Congrats on the 37! I always go for close to base models so I didn't want all the stuff you have to add for the 37s. I've also heard that the 37s are much harder to get and fewer allocations but not sure if that's accurate

ZuluFox

Reaction score
Congrats on the 37! I always go for close to base models so I didn't want all the stuff you have to add for the 37s. I've also heard that the 37s are much harder to get and fewer allocations but not sure if that's accurate
Thanks! I'm told I have their 37 allocation but we'll have to wait and see once I get the actual VIN. You're smart to do it your way and will be bombing around the trails in your rig all Spring and I'll still be waiting, waiting, waiting lol

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They feel pretty similar in size when driving. I think the TRX looks bigger/wider partly because of the more horizontal headlights (still on the fence about the massive headlights on the Raptor). You can definitely tell that the TRX is heavier despite the faster acceleration. My feeling is that the Raptor will be better in every aspect other than the engine, and I've accepted that the V6 is enough usable power. I was getting about 12-13mpg in the TRX, and it was way too tempting to floor it at every stoplight.

Interesting to hear your opinion…truthfully, I don’t think the hellcat engine is necessarily superior to the HO 3.5, I am pleasantly surprised to find that Gen3 Raptors have been dynoing showing their true TQ figures are actually more to the wheels than rated @ the crank….goose tuned got 518rwtq on stock tune running 91 octane….675-690TQ @ crank, which is effectively more than the TRX esp when you consider the 700-800 lb weight advantage. Throw a tune one the Gen3 to bump that HP 50-100 (depending on how aggressive/fuel) along w/ what I assume will still be a bump
Up in TQ you’ll have a truck weighs 750 lbs less than a Raptor w/ superior suspension/tranny & more TQ, probably still down bout 125-150 HP @ the crank but w/ the lower weight & more TQ . I think you made the right choice….that’s before we get into build quality/longevity/mpg (if any of that even matters)

muffinman1604

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I have orders for a 22 in Atlas Blue placed early December. I have a long wait, but now that I've seen the color on a Raptor, I'm super excited. It looks great. Enjoy the truck.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a gorgeous truck! Congrats and good luck to you.

Have I not been following along close enough or is this one of the first '22 Raptors we have seen?

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 21 from Phil Long Chapel Hills and it delivered 10/2. MSRP. No pressure to add anything on on their end. They actually found me financing that was basically free money (I had planned to pay cash) that wasn't their in house financing. I'll be a customer for life after that experience.