GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I should have specified my dealer is out of state and shipping by train to a receiving dealer here. My dealer doesn't know if he can register my vehicle for me from out of State so he has said I may have to take it to the DMV. I may try to figure it out for him - any tips?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Driver, you will need to have the truck weighed and smogged then pay any difference in your Dealer's state tax and your tax rate here in CA. I'm doing he same thing and my out of state dealer is charging the CA rate (then they remit it to CA) so I won't have a diff at DMV. All of these trucks are 50 state emissions legal, do a search there are several detailed threads in the process...but not difficult.

Driver

Reaction score
Driver, you will need to have the truck weighed and smogged then pay any difference in your Dealer's state tax and your tax rate here in CA. I'm doing he same thing and my out of state dealer is charging the CA rate (then they remit it to CA) so I won't have a diff at DMV. All of these trucks are 50 state emissions legal, do a search there are several detailed threads in the process...but not difficult.
Thanks. Yeah I did a deep dive on the emissions stuff and my dealer made sure this one is being built for CA.

It does sound like some out of state dealers have been able to work with the DMV in CA to register vehicles, just as if you were to purchase it from a dealer in CA. The dealer I ultimately ended up going with just hasn't done it. Now that I am a month out I am revisiting. My order process is so long I forgot some of what I learned last December!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

dreuter

Reaction score
Dealer emailed me says he has confirmation of a May build. Nothing in the system yet so that’s all I have to go on. At least it something.

Ordered Jan 24.

Order Jan 24
Build day May 10
ETA to dealer May 15-21

Getting closer

Greatlaker64

Reaction score
I've been using: https://palsapp.com

It shows my vin and gives a freight number, but still pending (about 1 week). Not sure if this link works with trucks by rail?? Mine will ship convoy/truck to northern mi. Give it try, let us know if it finds your VIN #...