GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if build date and Delivery ETA has anything to do with distance from build to delivery. Meaning build is in Michigan right, i live in Ohio...could that speed up the delivery. Ford Performance chat shows my build date of 8 Apr 18 and an ETA of 12-18 Apr(seems like a quick turnaround). Also when you get a build day, how long does it take to build one of these monsters? Any info would be great. I've been checking for Window Sticker, still not showing....i've heard 5 days out, so i still have a few days before i start punching the computer.

kickertruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if build date and Delivery ETA has anything to do with distance from build to delivery. Meaning build is in Michigan right, i live in Ohio...could that speed up the delivery. Ford Performance chat shows my build date of 8 Apr 18 and an ETA of 12-18 Apr(seems like a quick turnaround). Also when you get a build day, how long does it take to build one of these monsters? Any info would be great. I've been checking for Window Sticker, still not showing....i've heard 5 days out, so i still have a few days before i start punching the computer.

youll probally get your window sticker on apr 1st

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I can’t recall the build time for the Raptor...but logically the closer you are to the plant the quicker the delivery. Didn’t know they built trucks on a Sunday, figured the union would squash that unless they’re getting good OT.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Window Sticker showed up online today! Super happy to see it...made my morning. Seems more real than ever now. Blend date shows 8 Apr 18.

LacyinTX

Cute Little Smartass
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford Service chat says my build date is April 30 with estimated delivery around May 29. I am in Texas. I sure hope it is faster than that, but I am TRYING to be patient. *taps foot*

Order placed 3-19-18

Driver

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the VIN is the first thing produced when the order is actually accepted and scheduled to build- is that not true?

I'm with you, sort of confusing. I think the difference is some people are placing orders without their dealer having an allocation and waiting for the allocation to then be picked up. Others are placing an order with the allocation locked and loaded and thus get their VIN and build date very quickly (immediately?)

I have a submitted order with deposit to my dealer as of earlier this week. They don't have an allocation (just spent theirs for December), but hopefully will get filled in a a few weeks with January allocations. I am told that is when I get the VIN and build date and we can extrapolate the delivery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Order Date: December 20th

My dealer received my allocation FINALLY on March 29th at wholesale. I am told VIN and build date will be produced this coming week. Fingers crossed

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Ford Service chat says my build date is April 30 with estimated delivery around May 29. I am in Texas. I sure hope it is faster than that, but I am TRYING to be patient. *taps foot*

Order placed 3-19-18

2 months from order to deliver is the best I've heard for custom you should be happy!

LacyinTX

Cute Little Smartass
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am happy. And lucky. I think the fact that my dealer had this one in the system as a stock order, but made changes to suit me, helped with the timing. I have no idea when they got in line with the stock order. They put my changes in on 3-19, so that is the official order date that Ford gave me the first time I chatted with them about it.

I am really happy... just not very good at being patient. Like at all. LOL

Edit: The time from order to build date is great, but the month from build to delivery might just be the death of me. Haha.

Last edited:

Bigs125

Reaction score
Over a month to get delivery?

Wow

Yeah, that's what I experienced, unfortunately. The dealer gave me delivery dates of 3/15, then 3/19-23, and it arrived on 3/26. Seems like it was built, then shipped, with others, to the NY/NJ area. It apparently sat in NJ for over a week before it was transported to the dealership. They don't know why that occurred either.

I'm happy to have it now though! Awesome truck and very happy!