GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been "on the list" since the second week of December, but my dealer got a call from Ford and said they can have 5 allocations and they had like 24 hours to get them to Ford. This was apparently on 1/27. My build was one of these and I was unaware. (My dealer has 25 allocations so they're part way through that now.) Found out today that I just went to Priority 1 as of yesterday but I don't have a VIN or build date yet.

So here's the interesting part. The order guy said when Ford called them they said they can order 1 with CF, 2 with BL, and the other two can't have either. I was lucky enough to get one of the BL builds. (I didn't order the CF). So apparently I'm getting the bead lock rims. Sounds like they're rationing those items out. Obviously it's not done until it's done but I'm one step closer to getting my Ruby Red Raptor.

The forged wheels are trickling out. I ordered mine, with the beadlocks, July 30th, and have been unscheduled clean for 6.5 months. My dealer just texted me at 1 this afternoon and said Ford is "bucking parts for your truck today".....he went on to say it will be another 9-10 weeks for delivery. So, it will likely be right around 11 months, from order date to delivery, likely one of the longest order times in existence. But, the forged wheels are on the move...

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fheardnthe same thing from
My dealer that beadlocks and CF are coming soon. Orders will be pulled within 2 weeks and i am looking at delivery 10-12 weeks.

I tend to believe the dealer he never once gave me the runaround and has been dead on anything inhave asked. That being said when i order on August 20th he never told me i would be getting my truck in late april may!!! He was non commital about a date but never made
It sound like it would 9 months !!!

So 2 weeks ....hopefully

xerert

Reaction score
Dropped BL two weeks ago and order got pulled today. VIN# was given and build week scheduled around 3/20. Dealer said expecting 1 month or so for delivery.
Ordered 1 set of OEM BL wheels on Ebay, paid ~$1800, will trade in stock wheels for $400, so overall over paid ~$250 to get my truck 2 months earlier, I feel like it's not a bad deal.
Order placed on 1/16.

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
I should be getting a heckuva deal, because it will be considered a 2017 holdover by the time it gets here, right?

7GenTex

Reaction score
Order Status

It appears that the next step from "Unscheduled / Clean"

is "Submitted to plant". (actually "pulled" I guess?)

Is a VIN created once the move out of Unscheduled / Clean occurs?

And yes, I have read all of the posts / links regarding such, though that detail is a bit fuzzy - Thanks.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About two weeks ago, I was told that my truck was scheduled to be built sometime during the week of 02/27 (next week). I just called Ford Performance this morning, and was told that it has been scheduled for next Thursday, 03/02. I was given an ETA to the dealer of somewhere between 03/16 and 03/22, and they were very clear that this was only "an estimate". If their estimate is accurate, it will be between 2-3 weeks from build date to delivery date which seems right in line with what other people have experienced (other than trucks built in October).