GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theman1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice I ordered the exact same setup minus beadlocks due to the hold!! Was worries how the orange may look with the blue

R-Raptor

Reaction score
Order place 1/12/17 I guess the dealer had a February allocation, sale guy just messaged me that ford picked up the order yesterday 2/9/17! I had originally ordered with out the bead lock option, does any one know if they back in stock?? Should I add that option to my order? Also would it extended my build date and delivery? Thanks

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order place 1/12/17 I guess the dealer had a February allocation, sale guy just messaged me that ford picked up the order yesterday 2/9/17! I had originally ordered with out the bead lock option, does any one know if they back in stock?? Should I add that option to my order? Also would it extended my build date and delivery? Thanks

Most on here would agree the beadlock's will create delays, perhaps substantial delays. I would like to believe the opposite, as I've been told otherwise. However, it's hard to argue with a July order......that still hasn't been scheduled for production. Some are able to get the forged wheels, and in fact my dealer's first allocation arrived with them. However, if you are looking for the least possible problematic position, I would recommend not ordering with the beadlock option, unless of course it is a critical option, from the factory, for you. Otherwise, write it off. I'm going to if I'm not scheduled next week.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most on here would agree the beadlock's will create delays, perhaps substantial delays. I would like to believe the opposite, as I've been told otherwise. However, it's hard to argue with a July order......that still hasn't been scheduled for production. Some are able to get the forged wheels, and in fact my dealer's first allocation arrived with them. However, if you are looking for the least possible problematic position, I would recommend not ordering with the beadlock option, unless of course it is a critical option, from the factory, for you. Otherwise, write it off. I'm going to if I'm not scheduled next week.

I ordered 8-16...had to make some changes near the holidays which delayed things another month - but just got my truck built with CF and Beadlocks...so patience will pay off eventually in some cases...depends how bad you want the options you want vs getting the truck sooner. I stuck it out and it's now in transit!

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 8-16...had to make some changes near the holidays which delayed things another month - but just got my truck built with CF and Beadlocks...so patience will pay off eventually in some cases...depends how bad you want the options you want vs getting the truck sooner. I stuck it out and it's now in transit!

Congratulations, you will be amazed by your truck when it gets here! I want to drive mine all the time! Leaving in a little while to go get her muddy and do a little playing!

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Very true! It's a question of speed--I ordered several weeks before you, with the forged wheels, and I still remain unscheduled clean. But I have no doubt my order will eventually come in.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor in house!

Blue S-Crew, 802A, Carbon Fibre, Beadlock, Raptor Accent, and every other option except graphics and ramps.

Ordered 8/15/16. Build 1/18/17. Delivered 2/6/17. Picked up today.

Dealer was true to the MSRP agreed upon with initial order. Was never a question with them.

Epic Ford, Everett, WA. Four allocations and mine was number 2. Last two go to stock and will probably have an ADM.

I absolutely love that blue color. The bow is a nice touch too, although after watching all the Adam's polishes videos, it makes me cringe. Congrats!

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand that the amount of time between placing an order with a dealer and that order being pulled by Ford can vary significantly. For me, the wait was five months - some people ordered before me and are still waiting, and some ordered much later and have already taken delivery of their vehicles.

It also seems that the time between the order being pulled and the scheduled build date varies quite significantly - for me it was only three weeks, but for some it was much longer.

My question is this: how long should it take from when the truck is built to when it is delivered to the dealer? Yes, I know about Ramp 59 and how long some trucks spent there, but aside from those early units I would expect the time from build to delivery to be reasonably consistent.

Order Details:
- Order placed 09/13/16 (I was number 6 out of 18 allocations)
- Order pulled 02/07/17
- Truck is scheduled to be built the week of 02/27/17

Vehicle Details:
- Super Crew in Granite color with the following packages and options:
- 802A luxury package
- 68R technology package
- 43V twin panel roof
- 63T tailgate step
- 67H heated steering wheel
- 90H 2nd row heated seats
- 96W spray in bed-liner

RaeGun

Reaction score
CFIT - Mine was built on January 10 and arrived at the dealership on January 30. It probably would have arrived a few days earlier but it was stuck at the Benicia rail yard in NorCal for maybe 10 days due to rain/flooding. I had the factory bedliner placed prior to it being shipped from Dearborn and it didn't really hold up the delivery for more than a day or so.

phirinc

Reaction score
Order placed 10/4
Order pulled/VIN 1/27
Est build date 3/23

Wonder why so much time between my pulled and build date.

Guess I wont be seeing mine before April. I wish I knew all this in Oct. Waited too long now and built too many lists of things I need to get for it. Like waiting for a new born.