GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Norris McCarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth....My build date was 11/28. I received an ETA of 12/12 from Ford Performance and my dealer . Then this morning I received an ETA of 12/19. I'm thinking these ETAs are computer generated? My retail order was initially placed July 27th at a small dealer. Mine was his only allocation.
I do know of a couple of units the are definitely in transit to a large dealer in San Antonio.
Just more of the same old stuff I know, but thought I'd share.

FordFriend

Reaction score
Mine was built on 12/1. ETA to small Massachusetts dealer is 12/25. It was their only allocation. Order date 10/15.

pokecase

Reaction score
Yes, I was told by Ford Performance this morning, that orders have started shipping to dealers this week. They did say, that so far, most of them have been local dealers, but I did see on Instagram that Freedom Ford of Wise, Virginia received 2. They have posted the pics. And they are both posted for sale on their website, stating "dealer ordered"

Last edited:

PW2006

Reaction score
I didn't see this in a new thread, skip it if it is old news.

Ford releases for sale half of 10-speed F-150 stockpiled trucks | Reuters

Ford Motor Co (F.N) by Wednesday had released for sale more than half of the 15,000 F-150 pickup trucks with 10-speed transmissions that were held to ensure quality, a company spokeswoman said.

Reuters reported on Tuesday that shipment of some of the 2017 models of the F-150 were being delayed to keep from having quality issues during the first application of a 10-speed transmission.

In an interview with Reuters earlier this week, Joe Hinrichs, head of Ford in the Americas, said holding the trucks was the prudent thing to do.

"In the normal course of business, when we have a new product launch – this is a new product launch for that transmission – we wanted to be extra sure, to do extra testing,” Hinrichs said.

Ford designed the 10-speed transmission jointly with Detroit rival General Motors Co (GM.N).

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the info was released well after I ordered, but I'm pretty bummed to see that the tow rating of my raptor SCAB will only be 6000lbs. The 2000lb differential might have been enough to sway me to get the screw...I just wanted something slightly smaller to drive and fit in my garage.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the 2017's are just arriving, but is it too early to order a 2018? lol. Deployed until mid summer and want to get my 2018 order in early. Has anyone has success at getting near invoice with the 2017's?

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the 2017's are just arriving, but is it too early to order a 2018? lol. Deployed until mid summer and want to get my 2018 order in early. Has anyone has success at getting near invoice with the 2017's?
If you order a '17 now, it will likely be late summer before you get it, and essentially no, one or two got very very early, unique near invoice commitments from dealerships, but those went away almost instantly. Now, MSRP is the goal, and many are being forced to close the deal paying above MSRP.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A dealer close by has two Raptors for sale on cars.com supposedly at MSRP(66k for both +/-). Assuming these are remaining allocations? No details on the options.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealer close by has two Raptors for sale on cars.com supposedly at MSRP(66k for both +/-). Assuming these are remaining allocations? No details on the options.

you will have to call them but ive noticed all trucks ordered will get put on the dealers website along with other websites like cars.com. it doesn't mean they are available its just automated from my understanding. the price also doesn't actually mean they are selling at msrp, you would have to contact them.

most of the time if you find something advertised like that you can make the dealer stick to the price but it doesn't seem to be working like that with this truck.