Truck making a clunking noise - Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tango68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 Supercrew is at the dealer for the same clunking noise, it is not in the spare tire holder but more in the leaf spring mounts or shocks, when I called the dealer today they told me that Ford is working on a tech service bulletin and they were not to touch the truck.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we need to creat two threads out of this, one for the rear clunk and one for the front LOL.

Convert

Reaction score
I Had the clunking in the right front could even feel it in the gas pedal, replaced both front shocks and with 2,200 miles since replacing the shocks, all is still good

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2011 Supercrew is at the dealer for the same clunking noise, it is not in the spare tire holder but more in the leaf spring mounts or shocks, when I called the dealer today they told me that Ford is working on a tech service bulletin and they were not to touch the truck.

And whatever happened?

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford official stand, at least what they told me, is it's a normal carracteristic of the Raptor. The customer care rep said the raptor is also known for "issues" but won't say when they will fix it. Still waiting on a response from higher up the ladder.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Ford official stand, at least what they told me, is it's a normal carracteristic of the Raptor. The customer care rep said the raptor is also known for "issues" but won't say when they will fix it. Still waiting on a response from higher up the ladder.

That's funny Ford...my truck must be broken then!! I have 44,000 miles and no clunk! Good thing I have an extended warranty I can go get my clunk put in...

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now today I am told by customer care that the tbs will be released either tomorrow or next week for the "fix". But they had no more further info to provide. Well see what happens next

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TSB came out on Tuesday and I got my truck back today from the repair. It's a new shaft, but they did not know what the difference was on it. Let's just hope this part fixed the truck. While it was there I had the shocks adjusted to the middle perch.