Truck making a clunking noise - Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I will post all the possible TSB that are for trans, engine, and drivetrain controls.

Thanks man! I knew there had to be a tsb by now...I need to get it done asap, as I am tired of the lag and sledge hammer affect.

I will be waiting for the list of tsb's..have an appt with ford tomorrow to get it done.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man! I knew there had to be a tsb by now...I need to get it done asap, as I am tired of the lag and sledge hammer affect.

I will be waiting for the list of tsb's..have an appt with ford tomorrow to get it done.

Jesse... I think the list was posted already... one word of advice: Unless you have a very understanding dealer, it's far better to go in and describe the problem and not mention the TSB at all. A lot of service departments won't do the work if you give them the "list" up front... they address complaints... often they won't just "apply TSB's."

Now if you take it in with a good description of the delayed downshift issue for example... and they say "we couldn't find a problem"... then you call them back and say "I found a TSB that sounds like it describes my problem" But I doubt you'll need to.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw this... sure, we can meet up sometime if you want to see if my truck is the same as yours...

Is there a place where your truck makes the noise consistently? PM me and let's set a time to meet there...

Mark, sorry for the delay, as well to anyone trying to keep updated. I have been out of town, and running crazy, and this weekend looks as bad. I know if YOU drive mine or I drive yours, we will see if there is a difference, and report the findings. I just got to find the time... no wonder my truck just broke a few thousands miles LOL.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mark, sorry for the delay, as well to anyone trying to keep updated. I have been out of town, and running crazy, and this weekend looks as bad. I know if YOU drive mine or I drive yours, we will see if there is a difference, and report the findings. I just got to find the time... no wonder my truck just broke a few thousands miles LOL.

We'll check it out when you get the time... and maybe we can go out on your first trail run if you want to?

(I'm sure 'dawg would be happy to bring his 6.2 to compare to your 6.2 if we're hittin' the trails afterward... any excuse to get the Raptor out is good enough for him! :))

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll check it out when you get the time... and maybe we can go out on your first trail run if you want to?

(I'm sure 'dawg would be happy to bring his 6.2 to compare to your 6.2 if we're hittin' the trails afterward... any excuse to get the Raptor out is good enough for him! :))

Count me in!!!!

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took thentruck in to get my seat cover replaced and the tranny remapped. Seems to behave better, doesn't have the same delay between shifts...and I'm not getting the sledge hammer effect. We will see how well it holds up. We have a 60k power train warranty, wonder if the tranny is considered the power train?

My bad for the misspelling, stupid iPad auto correct bull****

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took thentruck in to get my seat cover replaced and the tranny remapped. Seems to behave better, doesn't have the same delay between shifts...and I'm not getting the sledge hammer effect. We will see how well it holds up. We have a 60k power train warranty, wonder if the tranny is considered the power train?

My bad for the misspelling, stupid iPad auto correct bull****

Tran in indeed part of power train. I will say one thing about the trans, in the 6.2 at least, mine was very hard out of 1-2 and back 2-1 for a long time, and now, with a little patience, what many have said is true, it 'learns' your driving habits. Love it now!

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oh I hear you guys... I feel like such a sucker... had this truck for way to long to not meet up with you guys. I was out with some health issues early on, but I am much better now, so will need to make this a priority! Thanks!