Truck got totaled help w/ value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camarors64

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. My light turned green, I crossed 5 lanes and a guy blew the red light coming from my right. It wasn't a hard frontal impact but he ripped across my front end at like 45 mph. I t-***** him. No air bags deployed but the front frame section was damaged. Insurance opted to fix it. After the truck sat for a month waiting for the front frame section with no delivery date insight, the body shop (Ford Dealer) got the ok from insurance to just replace the whole frame.

Ive had the truck back since March. Overall it seems good.

My truck is a 2018, 802A. Had like 9200 miles on it at the time.

When all said and done the total repair bill was over $37KIMG_2906.jpg

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. My light turned green, I crossed 5 lanes and a guy blew the red light coming from my right. It wasn't a hard frontal impact but he ripped across my front end at like 45 mph. I t-***** him. No air bags deployed but the front frame section was damaged. Insurance opted to fix it. After the truck sat for a month waiting for the front frame section with no delivery date insight, the body shop (Ford Dealer) got the ok from insurance to just replace the whole frame.

Ive had the truck back since March. Overall it seems good.

My truck is a 2018, 802A. Had like 9200 miles on it at the time.

When all said and done the total repair bill was over $37KView attachment 155416

Are you glad you had it repaired vs totaled out? That’s gotta be a loser overall for the ins co- $37k paid out in damages, + rental fees & recouping nothing for the truck at auction.

Camarors64

Reaction score
I mean getting it totaled and into a new truck would have been nice but at the same time I think it would have cost me an addition $10k to get into a new one. So that's money I didn't want to spend. I guess I would have made due however it turned out. I am glad a FORD dealer was on the list of Allstate approved body shops. After getting a full frame swamp I feel so much better that it was done by a dealer and not some mom and pop bodyshop. The guy that hit me had bare bones minimum coverage with a shit company so I just did it all through my insurance and let them fight it out.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it’s totaled but it’s probably for the best if you had planned on keeping it for years. Now just work on showing what others are selling for and use those as comps. Hopefully you will be surprised at how high the insurance company valuation is.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it’s totaled but it’s probably for the best if you had planned on keeping it for years. Now just work on showing what others are selling for and use those as comps. Hopefully you will be surprised at how high the insurance company valuation is.

At one point we bought a used 2008 Acura TL Type S. It was an awesome car. We ended up giving it to my oldest to drive. We owned the car for 7 or 8 years. Put 150K miles on it, it was involved in 3 big accidents. Side swiped while parked (7K repair bill). Hit from behind (6K repair bill) Son hit someone in a parking lot (5K repair bill). Son ended up totaling it out of state. We bought it for 20K and my insurance company gave me a check for 16K, 7'ish years later. Sadly, I still miss that car. It was ahead of it's time!

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At one point we bought a used 2008 Acura TL Type S. It was an awesome car. We ended up giving it to my oldest to drive. We owned the car for 7 or 8 years. Put 150K miles on it, it was involved in 3 big accidents. Side swiped while parked (7K repair bill). Hit from behind (6K repair bill) Son hit someone in a parking lot (5K repair bill). Son ended up totaling it out of state. We bought it for 20K and my insurance company gave me a check for 16K, 7'ish years later. Sadly, I still miss that car. It was ahead of it's time!

youre lucky you didn’t have the tranny go actually (assume it was auto)

yeah I mean big scheme of things....I’ve had 3 trucks totaled in last 10 years none of which were my fault....first 2 I def did OK on, will see how this one goes

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right now I’m at $67.5k payout from the ins co!!!!! They’re asking for the window sticker to finalize seeing if they “missed” any options but I’m almost nervous to send it given the msrp was less than what they’re paying me!!!!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right now I’m at $67.5k payout from the ins co!!!!! They’re asking for the window sticker to finalize seeing if they “missed” any options but I’m almost nervous to send it given the msrp was less than what they’re paying me!!!!

Can't they get the window sticker from the VIN anyway?