Truck Arrived!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueDino

BlueDino

Reaction score
Dam, that looks really good.

Welcome to the forum and please keep us posted on how you like the new mods.

LOTS of SDHQ on this truck
the bumpers are looking good - posted pics of rear bumper w winch and lites in build thread

front bumper coming up this weekend

But I need your HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any updates on the heavy duty (blue) alternator???
can't finish the blower install without it

We still dont have a date yet! ! !

- snow forecasts are increasing in frequency
and Im driving a COBRA around

just trying to get :grd:

UPDATE: Just heard the big blue bad ass alternator from SDHQ will be in on Wednesday!
:big_banana_Dance:

Last edited:

fordfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right forum for this but here're two pics of the whipple sc and valve covers

whippleSC1_1200x.jpg

Here you can see the valve covers better
whippleSC2_1200x.jpg

Hey, you hijacked my pics!!! Lol. Those really aren't the ones on your truck haha. Those are the ones the were supposed to go on my raptor!!!

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Love the blower and matching valve covers. Interested in learning what kind of hp#'s you will have after completion. Enjoy it in good health!

OP
OP
BlueDino

BlueDino

Reaction score
Hey, you hijacked my pics!!! Lol. Those really aren't the ones on your truck haha. Those are the ones the were supposed to go on my raptor!!!

O yeah? Can you prove it??? - LMAO hahaha
- did you forget you sent me a set?

Hey Congrat's on your new truck, I also live in MA where abouts are you ??
Take Care
Charlie

West of Boston by 495 and you?

Beautiful! Love the blower and matching valve covers. Interested in learning what kind of hp#'s you will have after completion. Enjoy it in good health!

The expectation based on Whipple stats from their website is to hit about 505 at the rear wheels or 600-650 at the crankshaft or fly wheel.

Supercharger RW SAE HP: 508 ( around 635 at the flywheel)

Supercharger RW SAE TRQ: 492

Stock 6.2L RW SAE HP: 335 ( around 416-418 at the engine)

Stock RW SAE TRQ: 366

The assumption here is that there is about a 20% HP loss between engine and the rear wheels. If the tests above come any close to reality,that's about a 165 HP gain.

The numbers are copied from the Whipple website Click here to see whipple sc

Of course this guideline stuff it all theoretical... the proof is when you get your own truck tested on a dyno.

One of my other vehicles (an SVT COBRA) uses a roots Eaton charger which delivers less boost than a twin screw like whipple and it's still pretty nice indeed so whatever the final numbers, I expect it to be sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts