Tried to climb for the first time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took the SxS out yesterday, and here's a good example of what a few people have mentioned in this thread as far as what can happen when going up a steep incline and losing your forward momentum. We got sideways, I let off the throttle and backed up until I got the angle I felt comfortable with and continued the climb forward. Had I stayed on the gas there's a very real possibility it would have gotten even more sideways and started tumbling. This was about a 25 degree incline.

Hdscreens

Reaction score
On a trail in Moab which is even made for 2wd vehicles I made the mistake of turning to wide on circled turn in pic which required me to back up. I was headed in upwards direction of trail and never saw nor had idea the turn was that sharp so I just turned wide then realized I would hit rock wall if I continued so I put in N to back up slowly but did slide a bit due to the steep angle and loose gravel. It was a bit sketchy given only sky was visible in my mirrors and knowing there was very steep drop off behind me.

I’ve done the Lippincott mine rd trail in Death Valley in the Raptor as well and that trail is extremely sketchy especially if doing without a spotter. I did it from the lower valley up to the Racetrack Playa and there’s barely room for only one vehicle at a time so thank God on that one no one was coming down that trail for 2 hrs. Some turns are more than 90 degrees with a sheer drop with some of those turns having major wash outs. Other spots are only 7 ft wide so it requires tires to drive perched on the base of mountain side and some spots require driving over huge loose rocks and sometimes in between fallen boulders to the side with 2 inches to spare. Any mistake on that trail is catastrophic.

upload_2020-6-13_21-2-35.jpeg

Donm

Reaction score
The Trail Control on these vehicles is absolutely amazing!! With it on you can adjust your speed and just watch your line. With this option you feel like you can go almost anywhere in the Raptor!