Tree Stump Pulling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Good call. That thing has headache written all over it. Unless it's been dead for 10 years and less than 6" daimeter, you might have a shot.

You know good and well that new home builders don't go to the trouble you were considering, and they generally have good results.

Another thing I have done in the past, cut it as flat as you can, dump a big bag of charcoal over the flattened stump. Douse it with fluid and get it going then put a piece of metal roofing on top. I have had them continue to burn/smoke for about 2 weeks, it gets down into the roots pretty good.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@melvimbe has been to the property!! There goes the neighborhood!! ;)

Well, we were at it again this morning with no luck what so ever. Man, I've removed a lot of roots and dirt and this stump isn't giving an inch! Here is a photo of one of the roots I cut out. I put it on top of the stump for reference.

View attachment 165474

We've removed several roots similar in size and even one that was larger! We managed to get down I'd say 18 inches all the way around the stump. But still nothing.:banghead:

So I decided to throw in the towel. Our land is fairly low and here where the stump is we are having to raise the land by about 2 feet. So I'm going to rent a stump grinder tomorrow and grind it down to at least 6 inches below the surface. So there should be about 2.5 feet of Houston black clay covering the stump before the slab gets put in. Then like @GCATX recommended, I'll add some extra rebar in this area to be safe.

Sorry to disappoint everyone about not getting a great video of something going horribly wrong!:)

Burn that m*therf*cker to the ground.
Seriously. I have a couple around my yard and I thought I’d take care of one last weekend. I didn’t get the fire going until about 3 PM. I brought in some dry grass, felled tree limbs from long dead trees and I had a full on barn burner inside of 90 seconds. It quickly settled to about 4-6’ flames. I fed it for about 2 hours and let it burn until just after dark before extinguishing it. I’ve got a little more to go, so the next marshmallow roast will have it flush to the ground, or lower.

I did have a guy come in and grind the mower blade killers but I left a few to facilitate burning off some brush.