Transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
wwgman, I’m really glad to hear you’re back in the saddle. I hope it goes more smoothly from here.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Good to hear you finally made it home from the dealer with your truck. So a 13 hour drive home, turned into 20 DAYS!

Happy to hear you got your new truck home.

That's nice Ford offered you a 75k Premium Care Warranty, but that seems a little short, for the inconvenience and fiasco you went through. A Premium Care Warranty for 8 years and 150K miles is the least you should be offered by Ford.

Your situation is much different than most, you couldn't even make it home from the dealer with your new purchase. Most people may have called the dealer and told them to come get their broke down Raptor. Good luck.
AP

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully a few offroad adventures along with some nice drag races will make all this a distant memory. Looks like they are doing better than Toyota right now. Whoever has my old Tundra could entitled to a new frame but it took a class action lawsuit to get it! Glad to see you get your truck and that it is running correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Hopefully a few offroad adventures along with some nice drag races will make all this a distant memory. Looks like they are doing better than Toyota right now. Whoever has my old Tundra could entitled to a new frame but it took a class action lawsuit to get it! Glad to see you get your truck and that it is running correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats man finally you have it back and everything worked out in the end [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

wwgman

Reaction score
That's great news that they gave you a new transmission plus the extended warranty. Although it irritates me that they weren't offering me the same deal because if they had, I would've felt OK about taking delivery of my new truck instead of cancelling the deal. The truck I had been trying to purchase was the exact color I wanted and had the exact options I wanted. Oh well, I'm still purchasing a Raptor but now it's in my second color choice (Avalanche Gray) instead of Shadow Black.

I feel bad for you. It just seems that on situations like these it should get escalated to the top team much quicker. Most of us are reasonable enough that if someone is in contact with us assuring us that we will be taken care of we will be more understanding. After a few attempts to fix the transmission someone needed to say enough is enough. Ship out a new transmission and get this guy taken care of. They can tear it apart and inspect it on their own time in Dearborn. Good luck with your new truck. I think you'll like the avalanche in person. It is a very cool color.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try breaking in the transmission the right way and don't beat on it in different modes yet. Glad you got things sorted out.

OP
OP
W

wwgman

Reaction score
I get what your saying but Ford says nothing to you about breaking in the transmission. Most people aren't going to go crazy on their new truck but I guarantee you everyone is going to put it in the different drive modes and make sure it will do the 107 mph lol. If the truck won't handle this I think were going to be in trouble.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I'm keeping my truck in normal for the 2k mile drive home. After that it's on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"There's a connection up there (passenger side between catalytic converter and transmission on the top) it leaked out of. Supposed to be sealed but that's not how it went for me!"

I think you are referring to what passes for a dipstick on this transmission. Ford mechanics all across the country have burnt knuckles because of it.

Last edited:

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No reason the "break in" a trans, the only thing you should do is drive normal for a day or two for it to "learn". You should always do that after you reset the computer or unplug the battery for an extended period of time.