Transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Likewise good to read some positive news. I can't imagine how I would feel if this were me, talk about letting all the air out of your balloon!

I certainly hope Ford marches up to the plate and turns this disaster into a Big Plus for you.

Good luck...

SHOCKSOKET

Reaction score
So the day started off a little rocky when the servicing dealership called me and they want their van back tomorrow. They said it was my job to fight Ford for a rental car. They are going to drive down 4 of the 5 hours they are away from me to pick it up. I've got to drive an hour but so be it. He told me he would be surprised if I had my truck back before 30 days. Of course this didn't sit well with me. I fired off another lovely Facebook message to Ford as well as one to the dealer I bought it from. Yesterday after I reached out to Ford on a Facebook post I got a call from the salesman who sold it to me. It is not his fault but I took my frustration out on him and gave him a pretty good chewing. Today his general manager called Ford Corporate and supposedly told him this guy traded in a Raptor and bought a new Raptor and it is ridiculous to treat him like this. Not sure if that call helped or my Facebook posts are helping but Ford responded right away saying my case had been escalated to a team that will get this fixed. This afternoon I was at my desk when I received a call from Dearborn Michigan. The lady who called me said that I'm now with the people who can make this happen. She said it's ridiculous how I have been treated and assured me that this thing will get fixed ASAP. She said a transmission should be ordered tomorrow and expedited to the dealer. I mentioned I was told they were back ordered and she said we have ways to get around that. She said we would talk later about compensation. I hung up the phone feeling like something is finally happening. We will see if she was BS me or not.

I'm sorry to hear this happend to you. I bought a 17 Shelby GT350 and it was in the shop multiple times until 2k miles the motor needed replaced. I started off on the service dept who directed me to Ford customer service which turned into many phone messages and emails. My advice would be to stay in their ear until you are satisfied with the outcome.

OP
OP
W

wwgman

Reaction score
Well they have had the truck since Feb 11th and the new transmission is supposed to be at the dealership tomorrow. It took a long time to get it moving in the right direction but the gal in charge of this in Dearborn Michigan is doing a great job. If all goes well the Raptor will be headed home Friday with its new tranny. Fingers crossed.

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hang in there! I really hope that Ford and the dealership in Rifle compensate you somehow! When I had a minor issue with our new 15 GMC Yukon Denali two years ago - GM provided us with $1000 to use for whatever we wanted! It was only a minor carpet issue and repgrogram. Ford needs to do this for you at the very least!

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wwgman

Reaction score
Truck came home last night with a new transmission in it. It is quite a bit smoother shifting now then it was on my way home from Colorado which makes me more confident that this one will last. I finally had a chance this morning to play around with the different drive modes. So far really loving my truck. The repair took 20 days. Ford has so far said they will throw in a top tier 75,000 mile 5 year warranty. They paid for a rental car and gas money for my trip to pick it up. She said we will talk Monday to be sure I'm happy and discuss if they will do anything else. Still not happy it happened but once the gal from the Ford Executive office got on it things moved along pretty quickly. They shipped the transmission from Dearborn Michigan on Saturday and it was in Mountain Home Idaho on Wednesday. All in all feeling a lot better about the whole thing.

BigDeaner

Reaction score
Truck came home last night with a new transmission in it. It is quite a bit smoother shifting now then it was on my way home from Colorado which makes me more confident that this one will last. I finally had a chance this morning to play around with the different drive modes. So far really loving my truck. The repair took 20 days. Ford has so far said they will throw in a top tier 75,000 mile 5 year warranty. They paid for a rental car and gas money for my trip to pick it up. She said we will talk Monday to be sure I'm happy and discuss if they will do anything else. Still not happy it happened but once the gal from the Ford Executive office got on it things moved along pretty quickly. They shipped the transmission from Dearborn Michigan on Saturday and it was in Mountain Home Idaho on Wednesday. All in all feeling a lot better about the whole thing.

Glad to hear the story has a happy(ish) ending and is finally over.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Glad to hear your back in your Raptor and your nightmares are over if you plan on keeping it for years to come push for the longest warranty Ford offers and some sweet accessories like the performance exhaust bed covers etc. Good Luck!

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great news that they gave you a new transmission plus the extended warranty. Although it irritates me that they weren't offering me the same deal because if they had, I would've felt OK about taking delivery of my new truck instead of cancelling the deal. The truck I had been trying to purchase was the exact color I wanted and had the exact options I wanted. Oh well, I'm still purchasing a Raptor but now it's in my second color choice (Avalanche Gray) instead of Shadow Black.