Trans Tune Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys! I bought a Cobb ecu and trans tune. I've been having issues since I installed the TCM tune and Cobb kind of was a dead end. I figured I'd just try to see if anyone had ideas before I just uninstall the spaceport and cut my losses. So I fist bought an ECU tune from goosetuned and I am extremely happy with the ECU tune! Then once Cobb released the TCM tune I purchased that to go with it. Once I installed it I got the Wrench dash alert saying see Manual. I uninstalled it and then re installed it and only when the TCM map is installed the light is present. I drove many months with just the ECU tune and it was fine. Spoke with Cobb and they said it may be because my truck was a base truck with the normal sync and I did a Sync 3 conversion. After that they said i would haveto go back to the original sync version, but I use the nav a lot and I dont want to sacrifice that. The alert that is setting the light is TCM U2100 - Initial Configuration Not Complete. There are a few APIM codes from the SYNC conversion but the company who I got the conversion from said that was a normal code after the conversion but it does not throw a light. APIM Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible so I'm not sure if its related but I figured id ask if anyone had any ideas before I got rid of the tunes. Cobb pretty much just said I should switch back cause they've never seen this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Hey Guys! I bought a Cobb ecu and trans tune. I've been having issues since I installed the TCM tune and Cobb kind of was a dead end. I figured I'd just try to see if anyone had ideas before I just uninstall the spaceport and cut my losses. So I fist bought an ECU tune from goosetuned and I am extremely happy with the ECU tune! Then once Cobb released the TCM tune I purchased that to go with it. Once I installed it I got the Wrench dash alert saying see Manual. I uninstalled it and then re installed it and only when the TCM map is installed the light is present. I drove many months with just the ECU tune and it was fine. Spoke with Cobb and they said it may be because my truck was a base truck with the normal sync and I did a Sync 3 conversion. After that they said i would haveto go back to the original sync version, but I use the nav a lot and I dont want to sacrifice that. The alert that is setting the light is TCM U2100 - Initial Configuration Not Complete. There are a few APIM codes from the SYNC conversion but the company who I got the conversion from said that was a normal code after the conversion but it does not throw a light. APIM Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible so I'm not sure if its related but I figured id ask if anyone had any ideas before I got rid of the tunes. Cobb pretty much just said I should switch back cause they've never seen this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You actually use the factory NAV? Wow.
Sounds like they found the answer for you. Sometimes stuff just doesn't work out. Bummer.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Cobb will give me my money back. I just don’t understand why it’s only when the trans tune is installed.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they should , its there issue not yours ,its a tune for your raptor , it does not work .

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Chris! This is obviously a very unique situation and the first like it that we've heard of. It definitely sounds like there is something at play with the aftermarket SYNC 3 conversion. One additional note is that we update 2017 trucks to a newer TCM strategy upon installation of a TCM map. It's entirely possible something isn't agreeing between the two in your unique case.

Were you able to get the truck to a dealer or shop to download a complete AB (As-Built) data from Ford and perform PMI (Programmable Module Installation) to reflash all modules using fresh factory data? This was our last recommendation to you and is the best bet for getting all of the modules to play nice.

If you've either tried that and it didn't correct the situation or just simply don't feel like dealing with it anymore, we'll be happy to refund you the TCM upgrade cost. Simply reply to your open service ticket and we'll help sort that out as soon as possible.

Marshall@COBB

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think Cobb will give me my money back. I just don’t understand why it’s only when the trans tune is installed.
Cuz they don’t tune trans well. I been bashing em for a while lol

get an MPT, Livernois, or Gearhead tune & cut your losses

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cuz they don’t tune trans well. I been bashing em for a while lol

get an MPT, Livernois, or Gearhead tune & cut your losses

whats wrong with the Trans tune asides from the price? I had no issues with it.