GEN 2 Trans slipping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MEATSWORD

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This particular problem is intermittent, the only "consistent " thing about it is the problem occurs on the first 3rd gear shift of the day.

In the video I was 10-15% throttle but I've had it happen with more throttle input and it just just worse

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have they cleared the adaptive tables on the trans? My 5th gear did the same for awhile. Cleared the adaptive tables with FDRS and it resolved my issue. These transmissions learn funky stuff sometimes.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does it from 7-8. Assuming its an overdrive lockup slippage.

Tho I baby mine, computer probably learned that im a grandma driving lol. Sport mode too harsh and stays tach’d. Too much for CA traffic.

Next time its in for an oil change Ill have them flash the trans. Never been done to my knowledge. 5k miles on my 18

OP
OP
MEATSWORD

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have they cleared the adaptive tables on the trans? My 5th gear did the same for awhile. Cleared the adaptive tables with FDRS and it resolved my issue. These transmissions learn funky stuff sometimes.

The tables have been reset several times and I even tried different driving habits just incase it was learning bad shifts from me.

OP
OP
MEATSWORD

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @MDJAK -- get in touch with Ford C/S they are usually pretty responsive.
I've been dealing with them for the past 2 months

While they say that they agree with me about the accumulative problems and the trans should be replaced nothing has happened

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing it shifted hard form 3rd to 4th and I’ve had other trans problems. They did a flash on the trans and said that would fix it. It still does it frequently. Take a look at my thread. I’m gonna give an update on what Ford Corp is doing for me but I’m waiting on more info from them.

Devildog1775

Reaction score
Mine does the same only on the first shift of a drive but only if going forward first. When I back out of my driveway and then go forward it doesn't happen. Let me know if you find the fix.