Trails in Nj pines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmy G

Reaction score
Anybody have any updates on trails in the New Jersey Pines?
I’m new to the forum.
I saw there was some discussion of trails from back in 2018. Can anybody give me information on where are the trails our? If any are good Quad trails too? Years ago we went to a place near Atco race way not sure if it’s there anymore.
Thanks.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up until about 1984 ish one could ride the pine barrens for many many miles ( you could run out of gas)could, did ,camp for weekends , had dirt bikes 4 wheel drive pick ups 3 wheeler atv’s( 4 wheeler not yet invented) ,with pools of clear rain water , usually 3-5 guys with gals,
Lots of fun shooting, camp fires and good times. Seen other guys camping too from different parts of nj, as we rode ( watchung and Berkeley heights here) all calm and peaceful with a few beers and joints
Years later driving down the parkway,saw where one of our favorite pine barrens entrance points, really just a sandytrail, now barricaded, no entrance, emergency vehicles only signs and a housing development like
400 yards in from the parkway.
Far as I know pine barrens been closed down for years. Off limits
Now nj has that 4 wheeler adventure bs park you pay to use. But maybe I’m wrong. Just my experience
But good luck