Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Trailer Wiring Fault- message

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Highpox1, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Highpox1

Highpox1 Member

I replaced the 7-pin connector to my trailer yesterday, and after plugging it in got a new message- Trailer Wiring Fault... The trailer lighting works perfectly, brakes, turn signals. Trailer braking seems fine. The plug is new and fits snugly. If I hit OK it goes away. When I restart it pops back up again. Any idea why I would get this message?

2. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Maybe it recognized it lost power and re energized when replaced. May need to be reset internally. Nothing in the owners manual?

3. Highpox1

Highpox1 Member

Figured it out. It was a wiring fault-mine. I had the wires rotated one series too many. There is an actual label on those connections and a correct way to wire up, and my initial job was incorrect. Odd though the trailer lights still worked perfectly even though I had them wrong. Brake and turn lights worked. The trailer braking was not. Once I rechecked the wires and corrected them the trailer brakes now responded. No more error message...