Trailer Brake System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adrenlin

Reaction score
When I started up my truck this afternoon I received a message that stated "Trailer Brake System Fault". The entire ride home it would popup then go away, with about 10 seconds in between.

No trailer was attached, and there's only been one time I've hooked up a trailer, and that was back in June.

Anyone else had this issue?

OP
OP
Adrenlin

Adrenlin

Reaction score
I did find some information about removing and reseating fuse 42 under the hood. I did that, and the alert didn't reappear. So, fingers crossed that took care of it.

Of course if that did fix it, it's a little concerning I had to essentially power cycle that module to reset a fault that randomly crept up. So when will it resurface? That's the next question.

OP
OP
Adrenlin

Adrenlin

Reaction score
Did you get the recall done?
It was my understanding the recall had been performed prior to when I picked it up. That may be an incorrect assumption though.

Is that one of the symptoms of needing the recall? I thought the recall issues only presented themselves when a trailer was connected.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was my understanding the recall had been performed prior to when I picked it up. That may be an incorrect assumption though.

Is that one of the symptoms of needing the recall? I thought the recall issues only presented themselves when a trailer was connected.
No idea, seems related to me. They did my recall at the last oil change and I noticed in the receipt it says they replaced the TCM after update failed. Never had the error message.

OP
OP
Adrenlin

Adrenlin

Reaction score
No idea, seems related to me. They did my recall at the last oil change and I noticed in the receipt it says they replaced the TCM after update failed. Never had the error message.
I'll follow up and see then. Does seem like it's worth checking out.

metalchef

Reaction score
When I started up my truck this afternoon I received a message that stated "Trailer Brake System Fault". The entire ride home it would popup then go away, with about 10 seconds in between.

No trailer was attached, and there's only been one time I've hooked up a trailer, and that was back in June.

I am having the same problem with my 2022 raptor

metalchef

Reaction score

How did you end up fixing it?